Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for awhile people have been telling me that I have a small header leak that I should check out. So I did, and discovered that it's not the header but the EGR thats leaking (the tube connecting to the header at the top). It's sounds like it's hisssing and it's really annoying. How do I get rid of the leak???? Could I seal it up with adhesive or is it possible to just disconect the whole damn thing. It's really pointless since I'm running no cataltic converter anyway.

What should I do to solve this pesky promblem????

Thanks Guys and Gals

MBZX3

·
Registered
836 Posts
Cap it off, deal with the CEL and when you get the money to get a custom burned chip then get the EGR turned off. That is honestly what i would do.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Delete it. That's what I intend to do when I install my SVT header.

·
Registered
830 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Russell:
Cap it off, deal with the CEL and when you get the money to get a custom burned chip then get the EGR turned off. That is honestly what i would do.<hr></blockquote>

that is honestly what I did...
btw, no CEL from removing EGR for me??? why???
but

I went to a hardware store, took the egr tube screw, found a bolt that match the hole size, welded the bolt in the fitting then screw back on. (the tread in that fitting is so so so so so hard to find that I suggest modifying the original screw to make a bypass out of it.)

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: french_connection ]</p>

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
So what are you guys doing during smog? I have to do something that will keep it easy to revert back.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Do what I did. I went to a local autoparts store and they said the bolt that matched was an oil pan bolt off of some foreign vehicle. Just tighten it up and you'll be set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts