Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey doods, I think I've got my egr fixed, lemme know what you think. I put a plate in the junction at the back of the engine, essentially blocking the flow of exhaust gas into the intake, but it's still hooked up to the header and the egr valve etc. I've not gotten a cel as of yet. I can't figure out if the flow thru this junction is what's metered, or if it's the flow thru the small lines going up to the firewall that's getting metered. Opinions please, she runs like a bat outa hell so I don't think anything's wrong with doing it this way. Lemme know, thanks doods

g

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Um, well that works of course, but 90% of the idea behind removing the EGR system is to make your engine bay CLEANER.

That is the only reason, if u ask me. You get a much smoother ride of course, but it's about cleaning up the useless treehugging aspects that Ford adds, that is utterly stupid to add.

Name a Honda that uses a similiar EGR setup as a Focus, and we know Honda is the best emission friendly company.

·
Registered
329 Posts
honda also uses variable cam timing which can act as an egr system. You will notice that the SVT Focus does not use EGR, because it too has Variable cam timing.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'd like to clean it up a bit, but that's not my main objective. I'm puttin her back on the dyno tomorrow to see if I've gained anything. It really does feel peppier, and it's smoothed out my choppy idle for sure. I'll letcha know what the dyno says. I've got a couple mods yet to go before my chip, it'll get rid of emissions stuff for sure. Later doods

g

·
Registered
379 Posts
removing the egr would in theory give better Hp results but also heavier on the pocket book.. But Who really cares about how much gas to use up huh??

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Originally posted by mr.squatch:
Yeah, I'd like to clean it up a bit, but that's not my main objective. I'm puttin her back on the dyno tomorrow to see if I've gained anything. It really does feel peppier, and it's smoothed out my choppy idle for sure. I'll letcha know what the dyno says. I've got a couple mods yet to go before my chip, it'll get rid of emissions stuff for sure. Later doods

g
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the egr will help partial throttle by removing the stumble and helping throttle responce but I doubt you'll actually see a gain on the dyno... the egr remains closed at full throttle anyways

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I doubt I will either since it's wot, but I definitely feel it during street driving. Still no cel! <fingers crossed> Later doods

g

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by iamgod:
another reason is switching to a race header...your best bet is if you have a chip to deactivate the EGR CEL.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you talk a bout a chip to deactivate the egr cel is that something that can be progrmmed into a diablo chip or is it something seperate or better yet are there any even out there yet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts