Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: I am a suspension noob
I purchased my car used in Jan of this year. When I got it, the dealer said that the previous owner had "modified" the suspension but didn't have specifics (this was at a Subaru dealership). I loved how the car handled so I never really looked at what they had done (despite being under the car to install a new cat-back). Recently I was under the car and I realized that there are Eibach Pro Dampers installed. First stupid question: How would I tell if they install different springs (such as Sportlines or something)? Are they usually labeled in someway?
Second stupid question: I like how the car handles, but would like it a little more stiffer in the corners( reduce body-roll etc). Would front/rear sway bars help? Are they hard to install?
Third stupid question: If I wanted to lower the car 1" or so what would be involved and would that effect the handling adversely? Last question: what are coil overs and what do they do?

·
Registered
361 Posts
You should be able to tell if your car is lowered compared to other Focus's around you.

If the car is equipped with lowering springs, it should have some manufacturers part numbers and or markings on them.

Swaybars would help, but another thing that would help immensly is the suspension bushings from Energy Suspension and or Prothane..

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do Sportlines lower the car? (yup another stupid question) It doesn't seem lowered to me, so is it possible they just put the dampers on without doing anything else? I'm starting to get the hang of this car stuff, but suspensions are very new territory for me, sorry

I've looked that the bushings, are they hard to install?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts