Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the suspension is great in stock form on my svt but I autox it and am looking for an advantage. Is the eibach prokit plus an improvement? That's the only kit I am looking at right now with my $$$. What do you guys think? Much stiffer?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I would say no. I havent tried it but the spring rates are barely any better then the svt. I would wait to get something better then that.
Just my 2 cents. (i dont really know what im talking about.)
Kee

·
Registered
631 Posts
Very bad!!! Not worth the $$$ for an SVT go after some APEX Springs and some Koni's.
Or just upgrade your stocks to Koni's, they'll make a big improvement on any car!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It's a great setup. I've had it for almost 3 months now and I love it. Read my review here----> web page

I'll say that coilovers are always going to be the best if you autocross seriously. But if your not looking to spend that much and want to improve your car, it's an excellent way to go.

Also, I'm not trying to flame, but I would not take advice from anyone who has not done this. take that how you want.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I had the prokit spring and stock SVT struts...... DO NOT DO IT
The spring rates are nearly the same as stock SVT springs. When you lower it (Prokit = 1") you will bottem out over every bump dip and hard corner.

If you like Eibach go with "Sportlines" and the struts to match

I got a great deal on Intrax springs, and Eibach struts and very happy now
see my smile

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
That's because you only got the springs.
I got the kit with shocks and struts which is desighned for lower springs.
I have NEVER bottomed out my car with this kit and I drive hard. Plus I go to NYC AKA combat town from time to time. If you can't bottom out there, you basically won't.
Don't get me wrong, I try to avoid big potholes and such, but you can't avoid everything.

I give the kit a big
. If you get the whole kit, you will be very happy. Getting part, won't do it.

I said it in another tread, get springs and shocks that are for lowered cars. Even if you can't get the shocks now because of money, get them within 2 months or so.

I have had several people ride in my car and they tell me how nice my car rides with the drop.
I feel it's the best you can do for a daily driver.
I would go with coilovers if I decided to autocross seriously, but I don't plan on doing that, so I should have this on my car forever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts