Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

At first I was dead set on just getting pro-kit springs, a 1.5" drop and good ride quality from what I hear. But now I am thinking that wont be low enough, I want both looks and great ride. From what I hear the sportline still has a pretty good ride and I can get atleast 2" drop with it, the I was thinking to make up for any loss in ride quality form not getting the pro-kit getting some eibach pro-dampers about a month later.

Would that be a good setup for both style and quality? Also will the pro-dampers be more than enough to make up the difference in ride quality from not getting the pro-springs? Or in your personal opinion do you think a 1.5" drop with 17" rims look good enough?

Thanks alot, I just got my pitchblack pzev, getting new 17" rims next week and all I know is it needs to be dropped bad! Thanks.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I just got the sportline pro plus it's freaking LOW. I love it. The ride is not as harsh as it was with my HR Cup Kit.

Plus the price was stupid cheap. PM me!

Edit: there are no camber issues and handles sumpremely (for the price)

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
pro kits, good lines to the car, and GREAT handling gains...a car that fast in all facets is always in style. shouldnt have any camber issues as well, so have said many w/that setup.

-Ult

·
Registered
228 Posts
I really like the performance and stance I got with my pro-kit setup.

Here are some pics.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Do you want "Good Ride", or "Good Handling" in addition to Drop?
If you just want an acceptable Ride, the Sportlines will be OK, but you'll get Toasted by a Stock Set-up w/ a good driver at an Auto-X.
If you want More Handling, go w/ the Pro-Kit.
If you want GREAT Handling, and Sportline Drop, and don't care as much about the "Ride-Comfort", go w/ H&R Race-Springs w/ Koni dampers (Shocks and Struts) set to Full Soft.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have a sportline/prodamper setup on my zx3. I am happier with the drop than I think I might have been with prokit springs. I now have 17's with 205/45's and there is still a bit of wheel gap. Even though the sportlines are stiffer than stock I'd say they are the softest of all aftermarket springs, makes for a smooth ride and a small improvement in handling. If you decide to go 1.5 drop throw some 215/45/17 on it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the sportlines with the prodampers, I love the ride, a little stiff but thats the way I like it, I get an excellent turning response and I think it made my car handle alot better than stock, I know there are better kits for handling, but for the price, ride quality, and improved handling, its your best bet, just my opinion.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on, that pro-kit does look good. I think Id rather have better ride quality as well. I think will probably go with those, thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Agreed.. I have had both on my old 00 Focus, and the pro kit is designed more around handling, Sportline is more around looks..

If your driving on the street, id highly recommend the pro kit..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts