Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video clip of my svtf driving around 1/2 throttle with exhaust cutout closed than open on my turbo svtf. http://www.svt-focus.com/cutout.wmv
. The car sounds quite with exhaust cutout closed, but it gets loud with the cutout open. I zoomed up onto my boost controller to see the boost. I have the boost set to the minimum setting. What do you think?

[ 05-21-2003, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: lourenco ]

·
Registered
180 Posts
nice try, thanx for the effort, but...its alomost impossible to read anything on that little read out with the camera shaking+dark+ its soo small..

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The main thing was to show the sound difference for the exhaust cutout close and open. I guess I should say the question differently. What do you think about the exhaust cutout?

I was not worried all that much about the video. I can try artifically increasing the brightness. I will have to see about making a camera mount. I can add a light to the camera to help it get brighter next time.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Um so wtf are we looking at?

Why to you shift so early?

I'm jsut trying to figure out why in gods name you put that on your car.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by jZoXe3:
Um so wtf are we looking at?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">your looking at this

here is the link to the boost controller, so you can read up on it. The car was around 2.5lb of boost at parital throttle at the lowest boost setting for now.
http://www.blitz-na.com/Blitz_SBC_ID.htm

Why to you shift so early?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't believe in speeding on a local road. Here is florida it is possible to get a ticket for accelerating too fast. My brother got that ticket almost 2 years ago driving my 13 sec grand prix.

I'm jsut trying to figure out why in gods name you put that on your car.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you refering to boost controller? The boost controller is used to controll the boost for the turbo and displace the boost. I also have it connect to either show me boost, fuel pressure, maf voltage in percentage, and thottle position.

[ 05-21-2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: lourenco ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts