Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new clutch. When i go to acc. everything works but when i go to ignition sometimes it will work. I start the car but when i go to turn my head lights on the car shuts off
When i put the key to acc eveything works but then i go to turn it on and the dash lights are really dimm and a relay click rapidly. Im thinking a short somewhere but i have no idea where to start. I looked at all the engine wiring and everything seems ok. Any ideas?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
this is way too common to be a coincidence. I had electrical problems afte ran engine swap and Ive heard of many more people run into this no start thing after dropping the trans.

Check all your grounds. Make sure the connection from starter to alternator is solid. Be sure the engine to chasis ground is good, should be 10 ohms or less.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went over evything 5 times and eveything looks fine. Would it be a bad relay? I really dont wanna bring it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Electrical problem **Fixed!**

Everything is now fixed. The battery terminal was dirty, cleaned it up and now its all good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts