Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first off when i drive hard and take a corner and shift into 2nd and floor it my engine just nose dives and doesnt move but the rpms skyrocket, what is causing this. Secondly i was thinking it might be my aem cai so i was looking at it and sure enough there was a small whole in it that was from a bolt that is above the battery if ur lookin down at the engine that wore through, i duct taped it some to see if it helped but it still boggs, also how can i fix my cai?

[ 02-14-2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: LathairianZx3 ]

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
ok first what kind of tranny auto or manual

for your cai your could try sore jb weld on it

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
You'll probably get more help if the title of your thread is even remotely descriptive of your problem.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
try a little ole' fiberglass out...
you can sand it and paint it later to match as well.

or... if the hole is small enough i'm gonna agree with JB weld. that epoxy is amazing stuff, and only $4.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I agree on being more descriptive.
I can get the same thing to happen to my car if I stomp on the gas, brake and clutch all at the same time. My car nosedives and the rpms "skyrocket". And I don't even have a CAI, so that might not be the problem.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Can we say wheel spin. If I didn't have a LSD, I would probably have the same thing happen. If your rpm's climb, the engine is still making power.

Edit- Another thing it could be is a slipping clutch.

[ 02-14-2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: fast_focus_1 ]

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
soooooo.....

If you have a manual, then it sounds like the transmission is not engagin.

If ou have an auto, it sounds like your tranny is dying.

If it's the CAI, you could have a vac leak.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think is an issue with the ECU that keeps the rpm's high. At normal driving is ok but if you push the car as you drive and quick shift the rmp's going crazy. I notice that too, but is nothing wrong with any part in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks, i know it isnt tire spin because the tires arent squeelin but i will try that epoxy stuff because the hole is smaller than a dime, or about the same size, i hope it fixes it because its really anoying and scary to be coin around a sharp corner and punch it and after about 3 grand the engine nose dives and the rpms fly up to redline

1 - 9 of 9 Posts