Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I assume everything except an intake manifold, high compression head/pistons and radical cams.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
You can run a header and cat back exhaust, 65mm TB, FRBB kit, Ported and polished head, bigger valves, Crower springs and retainers, Forged pistons and rod, change the compretion ratio, Queffe LSD, 406 gears, lightend flywheel, better clutch, nitrous, water & methenol injection and SCT tuning. Thats about it.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Short Ram Intake and maybe a TB (but probably not worth it)

Other than that do not address any other power mods until you address cooling. At that point, it will be feasible for you to look into upgrading.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty much a n00b to FI, so forgive this question... but can you intercool a JRSC? and wouldn't a CAI in + TB be better suited for a SC application?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
positive displacement blowers like the JRSC like short rams better. Sure the air that is sucked in is a bit hotter, but if you put on a CAI, the extra work that the JRSC has to do to pull air through the longer tube is more detrimental to power. As for cooling, no there is no "solid" way to cool the JRSC.

The JRSC is a positive displacement blower, which means it moves X amount of air per revolution. If you put an exhaust on the car, it will still only move X amount of air. If you modify the head, it will still only move X amount of air. Etc... etc...

So power gains from head work, block work, exhaust work are relatively minimal. There is a Big boost kit, look at that first. Then look at water injection next (you're only choice for intercooling for reasonable cost and effort). Then you can look at turning up the boost, at that point you'll want to possibly build the block and so on

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so lets say, I get a spare engine from somewhere, doesn't matter...then I purchase lets say the JRSC kit that focusownerskid has for sale, could I get the cgi block with JE piston/rods and be ok?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Yea you'd be fine... power will probably be down depending on what CR you choose.. but you'd be fine. Seems like an awful lot of money to spend for little gain.

·
Registered
612 Posts
If you've got that much cash, just get something that is intercooled out of the box or at least upgradable.

PowerWorks/vf engineering....i'm not knocking the jackson, its still a good unit, but both these units are or will be intercooled which will add some reliability and extra power....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah everyone tells me that theres more power out there to be had. thing is, i don't need it. call it blasphemy, but I'm only interested in a lil pick me up. Plus the kit that focusownerskid is selling has the water/methanol kit on it, so it's cooled. the only reason I truly asked is so that I know that I'm safe with the JRSC on a pretty much stock engine. I plan on beefing up the tranny, so that won't be a problem. I'm lookin at the whole picture as well and not just the now.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Get FOK's JRSC kit with the Meth kit and add the big boost upgrade and call it a day
No need to upgrade internals.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Get FOK's JRSC kit with the Meth kit and add the big boost upgrade and call it a day
No need to upgrade internals.
Agreed.

The JRSC will never really put out the power to worry about internal stuff. Short ram intake, TB, FI cams/cam gears, water injection, exhaust (race header preferably), and a smaller blower pulley are the main JRSC mods.

You'll be very well setup with FOK's kit.

Nate

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Trust me, ported head with the jrsc makes a HUGE difference . expecially in low rpm . and making over 230 fwhp @ 5 psi because of ported head . and that's on 91 octane .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts