Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - well I decided to part with me polished AEM and switch to the Injen. The only reason I had to do this was since I needed some extra cash, and I got a KILLER deal on the Injen (thanx Justin/Rachel). Actually, I like the Injen a lil better than the AEM. Probably the same gains (if any), but it sounds a lil deeper than the AEM, and it is a hell of a lot prettier, since you see more of the piece.

But here are some pictures.

My old engine bay with the AEM:

My current engine bay with the Injen:

The red couplers will be exchanged with blue silicone couplers, which are on the way, plus the breather hose will be replaced by a black one, and I'm not sure if I will use a seperate breather filter or not.

That's all Folks....Ollie

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Looks nice man. Can't say I have seen that intake before.

The AEM looks exactly like my Bomz

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the Ingen looks better than the AEM.When u put the blue silicon couplers it's goin to look much better.Good job Ollie.

Rick

·
Registered
62 Posts
hey, where does the filter sit with the injen? it looks like its higher up then the aem, maybe its just the picture fooling me though, i need to get a different intake thats not soo low down as the aem that we have now cause we just put a new motor in after the intake got submerged in a deep puddle and blew a hole in the block when it hydrolocked and i dont need that happening again, and the injen does look a lot better.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I might go with black couplers, rather than blue...since the blue will be so hard to match....What do you guys think???
I think u should put it crome to match the intake.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes indeed...the filter sits a little higher...it sits right off the radiator fan and almost points straight down,rather than almost horizontal infront of the wheel well like the AEM...

·
Registered
883 Posts
I love that intake because it gives a "turbo" appearance. Why did they stop making those though?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

whats with the hole on the radiator cover? and the extra lift on the other side of the cover where the intake usually is?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
since no one else asked... how much?

·
My manicurist says I have low self esteem...
3,014 Posts
Wow.....you can even tell from the pics that it is shinier then the AEM. It looks really good. I was considering it for a while until I found out that you couldn't buy it anymore. I wonder why they stopped making it. You came across a great deal though man. I say get black couplers too.

Mark

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe thats the zetec euro rad cover with the snorkel hose connector.
thanx guys

And yeah ur correct...it the the Euro Rad cover with the intake connector.

The only reason I put the hole on the left side was the heat from the JBA. The hood got so stinkin hot at times. Since the hole in there the hood definetly is kept a lil cooler. at least that's how it feels like from the outside...

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
all this bantering about how the intake loox...need to know how worx. gj kid. put jackie next to the intake, then these guys wouldnt comment on what you need to do to make it look better.

btw, for those who dont know...jackie is oliver's hot as hell gf...here's just a taste.

keep up w/the 'go' stuff ol'

-Ult

1 - 20 of 29 Posts