Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All Please can some assist me with the above the revs seem to be sticking like there is a release valve holding her open it takes a few seconds to respond to throttle movement. Please note this is with the standard Throttle body. Its a friends wife's Car. Mine did the same till a put the Focus Central Throttle body on is there no way we can change this.?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
It's annoying as hell, period. In the Contour Enthusiast Group it was called "throttle hang". My '97 Contour SE did not do it as bad as my 2001 ZX3, though. _Sport Compact Car_ found that both a lighter flywheel and a larger/bored out T.B. help it.

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Yeah I'm having this problem too.. It's getting progressively worse.

[ 10-03-2002, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: zx3ford ]

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've got the same thing going on...is it bad? does it mean something??

I just ordered the Focussport flywheel and quaife so maybe that will help.

·
Registered
816 Posts
it's perfectly normal, and it's not just the new Fords. Most new cars have a similar effect to them. This "Throttle Hang" is some way of improving emissions and is caused in part by the design of throttle body, also EGR contributes to this. Disabling and removing EGR equipment, installing an aftermarket flywheel, and installing an aftermarket Throttle Body would eliminate this completely...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys I agree its a pain. One my Focus It seems fine but then I have the 65mm Throttle Body and a Cat Free Exhaust that is a loud a ****. I hoped we could hope this Std Focus Right...

·
Registered
375 Posts
the stock focus throttle body allows a lot of air to bypass the throttle for idle purposes. When you release the throttle, the TB is still allowing a lot of air to bypass it which keeps the revs high.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts