Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if all of your engines ran warmer after installing your Volants.

Mine seems to be, but I'm not sure. I can smell coolant (mildly) when I stop at a light or get out of the car. No leaks though.

I want to take it into the dealer but I don't want any hardship for installing the Volant.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Just make sure everything is installed correctly. if you are scared, then put the stock one back in.

It's a 10 minute swap once you have done it before!

And the engine should not run hotter and you should not smell coolant!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I never had any problem with mine. Does it do the same with the stock back on there?

·
Banned
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Havn't tried with the stock box on.

I think I'm just going to put the stock one on and roll it into the dealer. Just to be safe.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Don't worry man. Mine smell coolant, brakes, and many others things...but carry me each days since 3 years.

Hope this help...

·
Registered
56 Posts
engin run hot .. i have the soluion.. have dremil will cut ..lol this is how you make your engine temp drop .. i love looking at this picuture of my car.. NOPI Nations Rocks..

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
The infamous "Focus On My 280-Z" hood!!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Originally posted by Doxiedog315:
nice ram air to the fuse box
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">bwhahaha

its induction?

[ 10-28-2002, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: w00w00 ]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by Doxiedog315:
nice ram air to the fuse box
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm let me think .. yea i did put it there for a reson. my intake sits right on the other side of that hole. If you dont think so ask mickaelxi, we meet at a ERT SCCA Solo II event a few weeks ago.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
you have any problems with that in the rain? snow?

·
Registered
56 Posts
well i have a garage. so it does not have to sit out much. any water that gets on the motor just steams off and any that gets in the filter is just fine.. oh wait i forgot its a ram air for my fuse box... none of them have rusted..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts