Ford Focus Forum banner

engine won't start any ideas

360 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  focuSTZ 
#1 ·
engine won\'t start any ideas

Ok I was trying to install the diablo chip and it wouldn't work but when i would disconnect the chip it would start now it's not even doing that i've tried disconnecting the battery to clear anything that may be causeing it to not start open for suggestions

#6 ·
Re: engine won\'t start any ideas

Man I had the EXACT same problem, ok this si what you do, if you have an extra set of keys try to use them, if it still wont start then this is what you need to look at. Ford's new way of "vehicle control" has what they call the PATS system. All this is, is a box on the side of the comp, that holds a code. When your key is in the ignition the box and the key communicate if the key code matches your box it cranks, look at the little light above where the radio is if when you try to crank your car if the light flashes really fast then you have done what I did, which was erase the PATS key code from the comp. You'll have to get it towed to Ford so they can reprogram the CPU and the PATS system, its only like $150. Hope it goes well for you.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.