Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone who has the esslinger intake cam and stock exhaust cam. I'm trying to decide if I should go with the esslinger intake cam and stock exhaust cam or go with a set of crower, crane or kent cams. I did a search and found that some people here have reinstalled there exhaust cam for better torque. The esslinger would cost me less, so right now I'm leaning toward it unless someone can convince me otherwise. Please help with opinions on this please. Yes, I have done a search on this, but found no definite answer. Thanx

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have the Esslinger intake cam w/ the stock exhaust cam and it makes good power all the way to redline and it was an easy install. I dont have any dyno numbers yet but I think the cam is worth the money. It seems the exhaust cam is really only necessry if you have a head package to go with it, but i dont have any experience w/ the Cranes or Crowers. Hope that helps a little bit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx FOKC. Also, does anyone know how the esslinger cam runs with stock cam gears. I'm going to get cam gears, I just want to get the cam first.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had the esslinger int/stock ext combo for over a year. I loved it! It is a great mod for the money. Liek others have said you really dont need a set unless you have head work. Later own down the road if you decide to get some headwork done you can always reuse the cam. I have since upgraded to the FC stage 2 head and it uses crower cams. It is agood ideal to install the cam gears at the same time to save time. If you want to use the stockers you can but you will not get the full benefit of the cam. Let me know if you have any other questions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts