Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just was looking around at different all-motor possibilities and wanted to know if anyone had any info at all on the Esslinger head package It's a little steep ($2000) but I've heard good things about Esslinger just wnated to know if it was worth that.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
It's not any better than any head FS or FC could build for you.

- Drew

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard that Esslinger is a much better company than either of them and have always believed you get what you paid for

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
You can get what you pay for, you can also get ripped off.

You have to ask yourself, what can Esslinger do to a head that FocusSport or Focus Central cannot?

How many dynoed, track tested, daily driven and reliable cars do you know of with the Esslinger? And how many with the FS or FC?

- Drew

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heads are hot tanked, chemically inspected for cracks, and all holes are thread chased.

Heads are milled for higher compression.

All ports are enlarged and ported for maximum power without jeopardizing the water jacket integrity.

Ports are matched between cylinders on a flow bench for identical cfm flow.

Valve seats receive a 3 angle cut

Combustion chambers are polished and cc'd for matching volume between cylinders.

I was mostly wanting to know if anyone had it and what to expect a guy i know has a ZX2 with the stage 2 head and is putting down 187 hp NA with a few other mods. I was wondering what to expect from thier focus heads if it's the same. He said he thought they added around 50 hp but since he did the head along with intake exhaust headers intake manifold and a few others he wasn't sure how much it added but his baseline of 107 would say that all his mods put him at 187 at a mile high on 91 octane. Does anyone have flow charts on all the heads or know where to get any.

[ 03-18-2003, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Focusless ]

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
you seem to be set on this head for some reason or another. fs and fc heads are just as good a quaility as the esslinger heads. if you want the better stuff that esslinger offers you just have to ask for it when you talk to fs or fc. almost all of the heads out on the market add 50 hp and thats just because of the fact that the focus head is so restrictive. If i were you i'd look at the amount at which you would be saving getting a fs head or fc and think of what you could get with that left over money and then see what you want to do. I'm not saying don't get the esslinger head because no dought it is good but so are all the others.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Valve seats receive a 3 angle cut
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ummm.. I believe all cars come from the factory with a 3 angle cut...
I'd go FC... I mean c'mon man.. 13 seconds all motor? That bugger is quick and its only at what? 200-240 horses? Drew you know the answer!

·
I'm bringing Zetec back...
3,345 Posts
Originally posted by focusownerskid:
You have to ask yourself, what can Esslinger do to a head that FocusSport or Focus Central cannot?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">How about building/racing Ford 4 cylinder engines for over 20 years if I am not mistaken. That is a worthy track record people like myself are willing to pay for. Esslinger is the head package I will be looking to buy this summer.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Originally posted by RiceGrinder:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Valve seats receive a 3 angle cut
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ummm.. I believe all cars come from the factory with a 3 angle cut...
I'd go FC... I mean c'mon man.. 13 seconds all motor? That bugger is quick and its only at what? 200-240 horses? Drew you know the answer!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">last i checked they were above 220 hp on the ground but that was a couple months ago.

and you wanted to find out info on the heads call them. and not to knock fs they do make a quality product i have dealt with them numerous times, but the fc head will make more power than the fs head. and i know it is played out but Nazthug is a good example of that producing 166 on the ground out of a stage 2.5 head from fs on crower 2's.

both fs and fc make quality products, some may have opinions on which is better but do you think that either would stake their reputation on a 1700 to 2000 dollar head that was garbage? i think not.

if you want esslinger go ahead and get it i am not trying to tell you how to spend your money, but if you are so sold on the esslinger head why did you post wanting to know if it was worth it and then argue with people about it? and i am not tryin to be an ass here or anything.

·
Registered
601 Posts

How many dynoed, track tested, daily driven and reliable cars do you know of with the Esslinger? And how many with the FS or FC?

- Drew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Drew do you honestly believe that?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts

- Drew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OUCH...drew, youre steppin in over ur head man

Esslinger, with no offense, has more experience than FS and FC put together on zetecs, NOT implying any difference or who is better, but just for facts

Esslinger has been doin zetecs for longer than you have been alive....

but yeah, FC and FS have alot of heads out there, are more known with focaljet, have many dynoes and results...but please, never underestimate...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts