Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the gains are about the same. if you want looks as well as performance, get the 3 piece. that's what i have.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just get the Crank pulley. The Water pump pulley and Alternator pulley are a PITA!!! Not worth the trouble. But if you do decide to get the 3-piece kit, throw the Alt. pulley away or use it for a frisbee or something. Besides, it's the same size as the OE pulley. But, If you get just the crank pulley, make sure you get the proper belt (if one is not included with the pulley)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oops, I misread your post. If you already have the Esslinger pulley installed, forget about the FC 3-piece kit. You won't see (feel) any gains if you switch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Which is better to have?

The Esslinger is a once piece crank pulley that's a lot smaller and lighter than the stock crank (replaces belt)...

The Focus Central is a three piece lightweight pulley set that replaces all the pulleys but doesn't replace the belt...

Which is better? Anyone have any info?

Reason I ask is because I bought the Esslinger pulley then I saw that Focus Central has a three piece...while I only got one...so I"m kind of confused now.

Thanks for any help guys.

-AM

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got the esslinger pulley (ford racing actually). Then got the fc water pump pully from black diamond for about $50. My main reason was to stay with the stock belt.
I've enjoyed the mod, the engine definitely revs faster. But don't expect to miracles.
I'm on my 3rd car with that setup, works very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts