Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 focus zx3 w/ a superchip, screamin demon coil pack, short ram air intake,platinum plugs and focussport plug wires. Unfortunately it is an automatic. I do however notice a difference with the chip. Maybe it's psychological =) The chip is tuned for extra fuel flow, quicker shifts, advanced timing, and shutting off accessories at WOT. Would you be able to tell me how much gain i'm likely to be getting? I know this is a very rough estimate. Also i'm thinking about adding an exhaust, (catback) is it worth it with my current mods? thanks

jason

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
A cat back exhaust will help. Replace the factory flex at the same time. If you can run without the catalytic convertor via an off road pipe or a race header, this will give you the most gains. It will be loud, so either look at the FocusSport Stealth exhaust, or plan on adding an addtional resonator to your cat back.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
just run it! even if the dyno # comes up that u want, its only a peak. run it at the track and see if it meets ur expectations. good luck

-Ult

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
4-5HP for short ram, 1-2HP for the plugs, wires, coil pack, maybe 5HP for the chip. Net gain? 10-12 FWHP over stock. Not bad.

·
Registered
719 Posts
If you have a chip that advances the timing i think you should be running high octane fuel... and 1-2 HP for the plugs, doubt it. As for WHP gains... i bet your sitting around 108-112 w\91 or higher octane if you started at 100 WHP. thats not bad for bolt ons, the real power comes when you start spending money on internals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts