Ford Focus Forum banner

Euro atx gearing?

984 views 41 replies 15 participants last post by  biker50610 
#1 ·
dose any one know what the gearing in the euro atx is and what the gearing in the us spec is also? i read some where that the gearing was diff and i wanted to see if its is better so it could help alot of us atx's out.

#4 ·
Originally posted by PGZX3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
me has evil thoughts in head now.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes, the mouse just picked up speed
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it's a badger!

#5 ·
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by PGZX3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
me has evil thoughts in head now.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes, the mouse just picked up speed
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it's a badger!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">okay, so your badger is a little quicker than my mouse, none the less, I still think this could yield some interesting results...I think

#6 ·
I would be very interested in the answer to this question
I wouldn't mind loosing a little milage to go faster

#7 ·
Biker50610

US spec
1= 2.816
2= 1.498
3= 1.000
4= 0.726
R= 2.649
Final Zetec= 3.91 SPI= 3.69
From Virtual road test
I hope someone can post the Euro specs.

I found someting interesting from Raybestos

Good luck on the search
Bruce

PS. What ever happened to Wolff Racing?

#14 ·
Originally posted by SangriaS2:
I found these specs for the Australian Focus (fordfocus.com.au), is it possible they are the same?

1st = 2.816
2nd = 1.498
3rd = 1.000
4th = 0.726
Final = 4.20
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah they should be more or less the same for euro, and that was a great find i havent had any time to do any thing to find out been working (pulled over 40 in the last few days) but whit a final of that i will change out to that from the us spec crap

#21 ·
Where can I get that 4.20 final drive? Not "coming soon" (like some other mythical parts
discussed recently) but RIGHT NOW! Put the address in this thread, or PM me PLEASE!!!!!

[ 12-16-2002, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: ulackfocus ]

#23 ·
i went and put the us and euro spec #s in a sim. and with the euro all it is(othere then get up and go alittle faster) was drop the max speed in each gear by like 5mph, but as far as mpg it shouldnt be that much of a diff unless once you get them in you romp the car all over the place

#24 ·
so how much work are we looking at to sawp this gear out is it a major chore? or is it something that you could do in 5 or 6 hours in a garage. also what amount of improvement would we see from this. could it be as much as a 3 or 4 tenths of a sec in the quarter??

#26 ·
Falloutboy - 2 to 3 tenths diff in 1/4 mile.
Chatted with a rep on the Ford website for Australia - They did not know if it was a direct
replacement because they do not have the same model cars (ZX3/ZTS) over there. She did mention that cars were imported from England. Lee, (or was it Phil) you
answered 1 of my questions in a previous thread,
do you care to go for two? I would guess all
the ATX's would be the same basic units and this
would be a (relatively) simple swap - Can you find out if it can be purchased from a dealer
on your side of the pond & shipped here? I also have asked a few friendly neighborhood sponsors for info on this and hope somebody can offer this soon.

[ 12-17-2002, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: ulackfocus ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.