Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having trouble installing my euro wrc front bumper, the top of it is alot shorter then the stock bumper even with the foam removed what else do i remove? i just took off the foam not what it is attached to do i remove this? please help!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
You will likely have to cut into the crash beam on each end to fit. Look real carefully at where the bumper is making contact, then trim that away.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
u well have to cut the rebar some if its like a euro bumper

·
Registered
981 Posts
u well have to cut the rebar some if its like a euro bumper
Yep, gotta do some cutting, but not much. When I installed my Focus RS front bumber I cut two diagnal lines, one on either side of the rebar (I followed the shape of the frame above the bar as my guide). Basically i took a pie shaped piece off the very ends of the bar. Sorry, no pics of the final product... but you can see my posts to see how my car turned out. Best of luck.

Cheers,

-Ian

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
If you have an 03- the rebar is factory trimmed to fit. Just remove the foam and done. If not, do as SVT2RS has shown. Angle grinder works well to cut this, or best is to drive to a muffler shop and have them plasma or acytlene torch it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you will have to trim corners like was said but u may have to trim botom of impact bar also.and this stuff is hss (high strength steel) and cuts like a bear.mine ate 3 sawzall blades on 1/2 of one side finished it with a 4"grinder.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
yea i would suggest finding someone w/ a plasma cutter who would be willing to do it take a lot of time and work off the process. the sawzall/grinder way takes a bit of time and work heh

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
i love my plasma cutter

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
oh please god no. please no. this reminds me when i put my euro bumper on. PITA is not even close to describing the work we went through cutting the rebar. i'll never do it again. NEVER YOU HEAR ME. NEEEVEEERRRRR!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone sell a euro front re-bar? I know you can buy the rear.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
or... if u have an 01 euro bumper, cut the cups, it will clear easier, so there is less trimming required

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
oh please god no. please no. this reminds me when i put my euro bumper on. PITA is not even close to describing the work we went through cutting the rebar. i'll never do it again. NEVER YOU HEAR ME. NEEEVEEERRRRR!!!!!
it took me 10 min plasma cutter= teh hottness

1 - 18 of 18 Posts