Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, some of you may know what happened to my SVTF last week - my car was broken into and the SVT HID headlights were stolen as well as the front grille and turning signals. Since I am determined not to let this happen again, I need a European Grille and the Locking Hood Latch assembly. I know there various shops that carry them online, but most of the ones I am finding are in Europe, and I don't have the time to wait for 4 weeks for this grille and hood latch to arrive.

If anyone can give me a reference to a store in the US and online where I can order this part and have it shipped quickly, I would VERY much appreciate it.

By the way, over the week since my car has been out of commission I finally finished my audio setup, complete with custom amp rack. It's a very slick package, or so I think, and as soon as I can get the front end patched up I'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just ordered the grille, but I still need to find the Locking Hood Latch. Anyone know a retailer in the States with this?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scratch the request on the Euro Hood Lock, instead I am just getting some locking hood pins.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I would say your best bet is european-parts.net. It only took 3-weeks to ship my center console from Germany. With something as small as a hood lock assembly, I'm pretty sure he could do rushed shipping...but it will cost you. When we need to ship things internationally, we use FedEx. They are relatively expensive, but you get your stuff in 1-2 days. Talk to Sascha @ european-parts.net, he can probably work out a nice shipping arrangement for you.

Also, try www.batinc.net . They are a Ford European Part dealer located in Sarasota, FL. They may have it listed in their catalog, if not, they can order one for you or perhaps they have one in stock.

·
Registered
262 Posts
WARNING

<<WARNING>> Buy stateside. There are members of this forum yet to receive refunds from overseas shipment of Ford Focus parts. 6 months and waiting!!

Ask yourself. Is the seller a sponsoring vendor of this site?

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Re: WARNING

Indy isn't, and there is probably a 100 to 1 ratio of people who would order from him first than anyone else. Just because he's not a sponsor doesn't mean he doesn't give good service.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

Indy isn't, and there is probably a 100 to 1 ratio of people who would order from him first than anyone else. Just because he's not a sponsor doesn't mean he doesn't give good service.
Thanks to Indy I am out over $300 on damaged goods that weren't insured even tho I paid $75 for PREMIUM shipping. If that is your idea of good service then by all means order from him. I have to agree with Madmax on this. I have been waiting since February for reimbursment that I pretty much now acknowledge will never come.

·
Registered
262 Posts

<<<Character is just that. 6 months for a ebay buyer to receive a refund is unacceptable. This issue is going fully public soon. You guys believe since YOUR transaction went smooth they ALL DID! Consider yourself lucky!>>>

Support your vendor stateside!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts

Slayer420, What did you buy worth over $300 that got damaged? Mind you, accidents do happen, and goods do get damaged in the postal service some times. Does premium shipping include insurance? why are you waiting for indy to re-emburse you? why not just make a claim through the post company, ie: canada post, USPS, UPS, FedEx

·
Registered
92 Posts

I've sent headlights, taillights and grilles to US. The problem with shippment and insuring it is that you can't insure things that are fragile (like headlights) against physical damage. Only against loss. I know it sounds weird.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts

Slayer420, What did you buy worth over $300 that got damaged? Mind you, accidents do happen, and goods do get damaged in the postal service some times. Does premium shipping include insurance? why are you waiting for indy to re-emburse you? why not just make a claim through the post company, ie: canada post, USPS, UPS, FedEx
that's what I was about to say. I ran into a problem where I bougth a svt front and side skirts...they got here broken. I filed a claim, and 2 month later got a check. Not for what I paid for, but at least some money back. But in his case he probably can;t even file a claim, since it has been so long.

And Cali - u r right. only insured against loss, not damage.

·
Registered
262 Posts
SUPPORT SPONSORING VENDORS

that's what I was about to say. I ran into a problem where I bougth a svt front and side skirts...they got here broken. I filed a claim, and 2 month later got a check. Not for what I paid for, but at least some money back. But in his case he probably can;t even file a claim, since it has been so long.

Paula, We owe you NO explanation at this time. All will be divulged at the proper time. This is a public service message to WARN members of this forum what can go wrong when shipments are not received in kosher order. SUPPORT YOUR SPONSORING VENDORS!

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Re: SUPPORT SPONSORING VENDORS

Paula, We owe you NO explanation at this time. All will be divulged at the proper time. This is a public service message to WARN members of this forum what can go wrong when shipments are not received in kosher order. SUPPORT YOUR SPONSORING VENDORS!
i've seen more complaints against sponsoring vendors than Indy, that's for sure. and i did recieve slightly damaged stuff from him once, but that's the price you pay to get stuff MONTHS before any stateside vendors can get it to you, if they ever even do.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Re: SUPPORT SPONSORING VENDORS

I have ordered quite a few things through Sascha and he has ALWAYS come through for me.

·
Registered
262 Posts
NON-SPONSORING VENDORS!!!!!!!!

I've sent headlights, taillights and grilles to US. The problem with shippment and insuring it is that you can't insure things that are fragile (like headlights) against physical damage. Only against loss. I know it sounds weird.
Cali, with all due respect had others known about this supposed limitation concerning damaged goods we WOULD HAVE gone elsewhere. Bottom line = SUPPORT YOUR SPONSORING VENDOR!

Personally I don't give credit when credit is not due. If 1,000 people on this site ordered from a non-sponsoring vendor and had NO issues. So What? FACT = members of this board HAVE ISSUES!

AGAIN....SUPPORT SPONSORING VENDORS ONLY! <<no names mentioned...yet>>

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
thread hijacks are GHEY

to whoever sent me this email, dragging me into your little drama party...

Hey, Listen up! We have several people on the site who did not receive merchandise as promised. Be glad you received your product in non-damaged condition. Indy is NOT a supporting vendor. The fact remains we have waited over 6 months. This is going public soon. You got lucky!

jw
...WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

did you not read the above posts by Paolo and others? stuff was damaged DURING SHIPPING FROM ANOTHER CONTINENT. a lot can happen in that time, and if you guys are gonna get all pissy and blame the one person who has time and time again brought us the latest euro parts wayyyyy before any vendors, then explain it instead of being all vague and ****y... "ohhhh We owe you NO explanation at this time. All will be divulged at the proper time." WTF is that? "insured against loss, not damage", how hard is that to understand? you take a risk when you order from overseas, and if more people saw this thread, you would hear countless instances of how Indy has come through for the stateside people. he does his best to ship stuff, and once it leaves him, it's out of his hands. take your [censored] claim up with the shipper, and stop badmouthing the one [censored] person who gets us parts that no other vendor, SPONSOR OR NOT, has ever tried to get us.

and just because they're NOT a sponsor doesn't mean they can't address your issues. he's on other Focus boards, and he's got email. don't talk [censored] about a person on a public board where they can't defend themselves, and don't do it like 6 months after the fact

from Indy's website:

All damage-claims have to be made by email or phone within 1 week after reception of the goods.
so if you're gonna be a dick and badmouth him on a board where he can't respond, EXPLAIN what happened, instead of badmouthing him. did you contact him about the damage within a week of recieving your stuff? did you? and if so, what happened, was there a resolution, or are you gonna continue to be all shady and secretive about your big "plans"?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.