Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need opinions. I got a RS bumper I'm putting on the car. And I want to put the lights in the rear of it. Just not sure the way I want to go. Maybe need some input. Should I go, red and white, like they should be. But alot of people in the US don't know that, and will think its dumb. Or should I get both sides the same color and tint them? My tails are black. And the whole theme of the car is blue and black. So I would want to tint them dark. If thats the case, I should probably get teh red ones for both side if I do it. Or should I get the white ones, and tint them. I can get both white ones for the price of one red. Opinions? Suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
If you're going to tint them, then get the least expensive.
i 2nd that

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the way you guys think. Go the cheapest route...

I'll wait for a few more opinions...

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
If you're going with the euro rear and want to hide the backup light, then why bother with it at all?

If you have the euro rear, make those things visible so people can see it's not your standard Focus.

Go for the white ones and keep them white. Don't tint them.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see your understanding. But I was planning on running the lights as like fog lights, so they'll be on all the time. The white just won't look right in my mind on the car. I will probably just go with white, but not tint them that dark. Just to kinda blend them with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
i like the whole reverse light in the bumper thing, but the fog light would be wicked too...

when did you get an RS bumper? I thought you bought the F2 bodykit?

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i like the whole reverse light in the bumper thing, but the fog light would be wicked too...

when did you get an RS bumper? I thought you bought the F2 bodykit?
It is the F2 RS bumper.
I also thought about these. Their really cheap, but the guy does'nt email me back, and I'm pretty sure they would look way out of place. I'm thinking of just going with the white ones tinted.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I have the F2 RS bumper. I ran the clear fogs. Have them wired to my reverse lights. Also installed a set of euro tails.
Instalation of the fogs in that bumper might be difficult unless a mount has been developed, or F2 made a new mold that has the euro light screw mounts. I dont know if you have the bumper yet, but there are just cut-out locations for the lights. For my bumper, the loations were cut out, and the lights are actually bonded to the bumper with a special adhesive. The bumper will break before the lights will fall out. Its trick and works awesome. The guy who did the body work did an great job getting them to work. Hopefully you have a good body person for this. It wasnt and easy install. Good luck... I'll shoot some pics if i can get access to a camera.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL, My dad and I are the body work guys. Were not professionals, but we'll figure it out. I just emailed focusonfocus about how to mount them in there. I was'nt sure on how there supposed to be held in there. I do have the bumpers, I've had them for about a month. There still just sitting in my room, waiting for my side skirts to show up. Before I do put in the Euro lights, Ill prob have to wait for Ricardo to make the brackets.

Ohh yeah, when you take pics, could you get some of under neath and how their mounted?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
LOL, My dad and I are the body work guys. Were not professionals, but we'll figure it out. I just emailed focusonfocus about how to mount them in there. I was'nt sure on how there supposed to be held in there. I do have the bumpers, I've had them for about a month. There still just sitting in my room, waiting for my side skirts to show up. Before I do put in the Euro lights, Ill prob have to wait for Ricardo to make the brackets.

Ohh yeah, when you take pics, could you get some of under neath and how their mounted?
i think i was there when someone asked the F2 guys that same question, and I thought he said that they just epoxied the lights in place, but i could be wrong

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
They are free floating, but will never go anywhere on their own. i'll try for pics there, but its a tight fit. Other then that, its adhesive all the way!!!

·
Registered
981 Posts

i think i was there when someone asked the F2 guys that same question, and I thought he said that they just epoxied the lights in place, but i could be wrong
If the F2 bumper is anything like the real RS bumper, the lights actually clip into place (no epoxy required). I vote keep them black'd out, it fits the theme of your car better. Besides, if they illuminate, people will see them.

Sometimes subtle is better.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Other than looks, the F2 bumper is nothing like the real RS on. No clips unless they have modified. But on the choice of lights. If you have anything other than blacked out, it will look funny. Might as well go the cheapest route and tint the crap out of them since your whole car is dark anyway. On another note, you mentioned people in the states not knowing better and thinking it will look funny. Just FYI, if you have foglights in the rear and leave them on all the time, people that know will think it looks funny anyway. So wither way you may be SOL. But I say make them all reverse lights and light up the block when you back that thing up.

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
I'm 300% against euro backs, just because of the lights, but i will voice my opinion. get both of them fog lights then tint them so they are barely seen. they will look good (hopefully)

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm 300% against euro backs, just because of the lights, but i will voice my opinion. get both of them fog lights then tint them so they are barely seen. they will look good (hopefully)
Your post makes me laugh. We are all have our own opnions.

If he was to go that route he should just not punchout the places on the F2 RS rear. Though I like the having the lights seen on my euro Rear

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
I see your understanding. But I was planning on running the lights as like fog lights, so they'll be on all the time.
No I hate people that drive around with rear fog lights on all the time! They are usually WAY too bright in good weather…
Maybe tinting them will help that, but then they won’t be any good in poor weather…

I say if you are going to put the rear fog lights on the focus, make them work the RIGHT way.

I still don’t understand why rear fog lights are not required by law in the US, along with mandatory discrete turn signals.

·
Registered
422 Posts
maybe i am the only one wondering this, but what is the point of rear fog lights?
is it for the people behind you? seems kind of pointless to me unless its only used as a backup light

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In Europe, on the Focus, the back up light is on the bumper, and usually, just a light so you can see the car from behind better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts