Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you may have seen that I was selling these Recaro seats in the For Sale forum, but then I decided to keep them since I found a buyer for my SVT seats that I had.

I only paid $350 for the pair of BRAND NEW Recaro seats; that's right $350 for the PAIR!
They're soooo nice & they match the 2005 interior REALLY REALLY REALLY well.

BTW, installation in a 2005 IS NOT a plug 'n play operation. Had to swap all the parts (wiring/seatbelt buckle/airbag sensor) from the stock seats to the Recaros & modify the seat pan.
I'll probably do a write up for that in the next week.

Here are some pics...let me know what you all think...

Stock (only pic I had):

Then I had SVT seats:

And now, behold, Recaros!!:

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
Man $350...what a steal....looks great...I love those seats.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I didn't like the Euro seats until I went to JetFest and saw some in person. Now I'm jealous.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
350....from WHERE?!?
i second that

i only saw one add for those and they were being sold for around 1200

·
Registered
184 Posts
looks awesome Dan!!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
350....from WHERE?!?
i second that

Well I WAS trying to sell them, but then I sold my Black/Red SVT seats to Chaney and decided to keep the Recaros

Here's the story...
The local car audio shop where I just bought my Alpine Radio from...a guy that worked there had a '04 Comp. Orange Euro Package SVT ZX3.
I told him how the seats how are the best part of the car and he tells me that the owner of the shop knew a guy that was selling a BRAND NEW pair for like $300-350. I'm like, what!?!?!
He asks the owner (of the car shop) if the guy still had the seats & the owner tries to call the guy on a Friday..no luck.
I go back on Monday and he tells me the guy still had the seats. I wasn't trying to get my hopes or anything because they could've just been generic racing seats or something.
So I get the guys number and call him & get directions to go to his house & check them out.
Pull in the driveway and sure as hell....2 brand new Recaro seats were sitting there.
He said his dad worked with Recaro and got them for free over a year ago and they had just been sitting in his room. Asked him, "$350, right?"
Gave him the cash and walked away with some sweeeeet seats.

At first, the plan was just to turn around & sell them to make a couple bucks. But then I kept looking at them thinking how they were soooo frickin' awesome and I'd be kicking myself if I didn't keep them since I got them for dirt cheap and they're brand new.
So I sold the SVT seats & kept them instead.

Couldn't be happier

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
350....from WHERE?!?
i second that

Well I WAS trying to sell them, but then I sold my Black/Red SVT seats to Chaney and decided to keep the Recaros

Here's the story...
The local car audio shop where I just bought my Alpine Radio from...a guy that worked there had a '04 Comp. Orange Euro Package SVT ZX3.
I told him how the seats how are the best part of the car and he tells me that the owner of the shop knew a guy that was selling a BRAND NEW pair for like $300-350. I'm like, what!?!?!
He asks the owner (of the car shop) if the guy still had the seats & the owner tries to call the guy on a Friday..no luck.
I go back on Monday and he tells me the guy still had the seats. I wasn't trying to get my hopes or anything because they could've just been generic racing seats or something.
So I get the guys number and call him & get directions to go to his house & check them out.
Pull in the driveway and sure as hell....2 brand new Recaro seats were sitting there.
He said his dad worked with Recaro and got them for free over a year ago and they had just been sitting in his room. Asked him, "$350, right?"

At first, the plan was just to turn around & sell them to make a couple bucks. But then I kept looking at them thinking how they were soooo frickin' awesome and I'd be kicking myself if I didn't keep them since I got them for dirt cheap and they're brand new.

Couldn't be happier

ooo alright...i was gonna say, i woulda drove to where ever they were and picked em up for that price

good choice keepin em...sick seats

may i suggest gettin some inserts in em, say a colored fabric or even alacantra

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
350....from WHERE?!?
i second that

Here's the story...

Couldn't be happier

ooo alright...i was gonna say, i woulda drove to where ever they were and picked em up for that price

*ish from pimp my ride mode*
We can wrap these in suade..yeah, suade...with not one, not 2, but 10 monitors behind it.

What rear seats are you running?

those arn't the recaros right?
those look like stock cloth seats.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What rear seats are you running?

those arn't the recaros right?
Yeah the only thing I lost in swapping the SVT seats for the Recaros was the matching back seat.

So yeah....I got the Recaros up front & the stock seat in the back which doesn't bother me because you can't even really see the back seat
In '05 the cloth is darker too....so it doesn't look too obvious

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

*ish from pimp my ride mode*
We can wrap these in suade..yeah, suade...with not one, not 2, but 10 monitors behind it.
um no

i happen to think the alacantra inserts in the S4's recaros (which look EXACTLY like the focus's) look amazing and also add a lot of function...they grab you unlike leather seating.

I would love to have recaros with alacantra, but i'll save it for a different car...cant put inserts in my leather right now, not the right design

-chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts