Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... so maybe I havn't been paying enough attention to the SVT grilles... but when was this ever produced?

http://www.galeon.com/bartoavila/fordarchivos/focus-svt.jpg

looks like the honeycomb mesh goes OVER the turnsignals.... and would hide them... somewhat. honestly, if anyone knows where to find this, this would look 10X better than a euro grille with the turnsignals hidden behind them in DIY fashion...

*Mod Edit* Pic too big. Linked.

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
never been done... dont know why the pics like that but that grill was never in production anywhere

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Maybe a prototype or something. Does'nt all the SVT's come with black lower grille? Not body color.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
I see a couple other fallacies, the lower grill and fog light are blue, could be a photoshop.

Also, that black shadow on the front bumper, between the headlight and foglight doesn't look right. Either a computer rendering, or a photoshop.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
looks like the honeycomb mesh goes OVER the turnsignals.... and would hide them... somewhat. honestly, if anyone knows where to find this, this would look 10X better than a euro grille with the turnsignals hidden behind them in DIY fashion...
That is a pre-production picture.

I have a information card for the 2002 SVT Focus and it has the same style grille. The info card came out before the car was finalized/released

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
knowing ford, it was probaly cheaper to save the 2 cents worth of plastic covering the signal lights in the grille and mass produce it that way.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
huh.... well... damn.
another Q i guess... there any honeycomb mesh grilles in production without the turnsignals integrated in the sides?
Well if you have a SVT with HID headlights....you can run a Euro grille safely (since the signals are in the headlight assembly & the side of the bumper)
That's what I did on my '03 SVT. Totally cleaned the front end up and flowed well with the headlights & hood (check out the pics)
The grille didn't match perfectly, but it was pretty close matching when far away.

Sells for $89.50 from www.c-f-m.com

Or you could get the badgeless "Hofele" grille...it's nice, but even more $$$$...like $160 or something and has a smaller mesh pattern.

BUT if you have a regular Focus, you're gonna have to relocate the turn signals behind the grille, which is some custom work, since the bumper signals wouldn't be enough for people to see you.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Actually, I found my bill for the hofele edition grille, I paid like $120 US for it. I think the Hofele and 99 euro grilles look the best with the SVT.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
huh.. well... unfortunatly i don't have the mach lights (nor do i actually have an SVT) i just like the look of the honeycomb better than the euro grilles, and plan on picking up a SVT front bumper (and engine... and moulding the rear skirt to the sedan... and brakes, and suspension, and interior... etc) sometime soon

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Actually, I found my bill for the hofele edition grille, I paid like $120 US for it. I think the Hofele and 99 euro grilles look the best with the SVT.
So you think the grille I *had* on my SVT doesn't look good???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts