Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the european stock tail lights for my ZX3. How do I need to do the wiring for them? I know I will lose my reverse light. Not terribly worried about that just yet. How can I make the red brake and the amber turn/back up? I did a search and found this question a few times, but no answers. Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
823 Posts
you will not lose your reverse lights if you wire it right.. I have my blacked out euro wired so the turns are my reverse lights.. I am still trying to figure out how to get the turns to work themselves..

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Do me a favor.

Remove the L.H. interior cover inside your hatch to expose the wiring harness and connectors. There should be a blue harness connector that leads to the taillights. There should also be black electrical tape wrapping the harness out of the plug going toward the taillights.

Remove the tape and let me know what color wires come out and go to the taillights and I will decipher them for you; send me an email.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I did this when i had my 01 ZX3. I DID NOT have the wirining harness on the the inside of the hatch. I had to tap into the wire through my hazard light button, and run the wire to the rear of the car. Its kinda easy once you figure everything out. Unfortunatley, i didnt right it down as to how i did it, and dont remeber either....

try to PM "Carizme", i believe he has them, along with instructions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts