Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tying to figure out how to wire up these euro SPEC tails and read that you can cut a loop by the blue plug inside the car and tap into that. Do to the wonders of Focaljet, when I search for that post again it magically disappeared.
Without tearing everything apart what's the deal? I need to rewire for the brake lights or running lights? Do I really have to go all the way to the hazard switch? Sounds silly.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I friggin did a search and couldn't find specifics, damn it.
Oh well it's dark and I can't think straight. It came down to everything working independantly but the turn signal lights come on with the brakes. Is this illegal? The way I see it it's extra warning that I'm stopping.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Did you cut the wire or did you SPLICE the wire?

I spliced and I was getting the turn signals lighting up with the brake lights. Then I reread the thread, reread it again, still didnt get it. Then on my 30th time reading it
i saw "CUT the wire" One of the ends hooks up to both rear lights.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
haha.....

Just realized you registered 3 days after me in 2000 and I just called you a n00B

10/2/00 > 10/5/00, biatch!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tapped into the third brake light (yellow/green wire) and spliced all back together. What you are telling me is that the other end of the yel/grn wire I should leave out? I wish I had a diagram so I would now this.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plus I have no green and red just a green and black or blue and red.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Did you look behind the hazard button for the red and green?

I call tell you now, tapping into the third brake light is not the correct way.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not worried about it anymore cause I talked to a cop last noght and she said it's legal. I kind of like it. It WILL stay like this until I get a haynes or something similar and a Euro bumper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts