Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often read posts about why we don't get the quality of the European Focus. Then I read on ffoc.co.uk about the many problems they are having with quality etc... Then I read my failed p/s hose and guess what..... It says made in U.K.!!! and wait, what's this on my O2 sensor box... made in Japan!!

Are we really getting that crappy of a car? I don't think so. Yes some have had troubles... I have not really had any! O2 sensor (made in Japan) and p/s hose (made in U.K.). I think alot of failures that we're seeing are self inflicted. Especially the clutch failures. Tell me that everyone hasn't read a post about getting off the line better by riding the clutch out at 5 grand... It is just an economy car. I'm not saying that the stuff shouldn't hold up better... Of course it should. Enthusiasts drive their cars harder than the average driver that Ford built them for.

Especially you guys who got your SVTF's for 13-15k..... Damn you.

Overall I am very satisfied with my $30,000 Focus economy car. I like them SVT or not.

I really need more boost...... Especially since I have my blower belt of waiting for my new made in the U.K. p/s hose to arrive

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm with you BLUETOY I've had mine for a year and just called on a payoff and it's still over 16k.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I often read posts about why we don't get the quality of the European Focus. Then I read on ffoc.co.uk about the many problems they are having with quality etc... Then I read my failed p/s hose and guess what..... It says made in U.K.!!! and wait, what's this on my O2 sensor box... made in Japan!!

Are we really getting that crappy of a car? I don't think so. Yes some have had troubles... I have not really had any! O2 sensor (made in Japan) and p/s hose (made in U.K.). I think alot of failures that we're seeing are self inflicted. Especially the clutch failures. Tell me that everyone hasn't read a post about getting off the line better by riding the clutch out at 5 grand... It is just an economy car. I'm not saying that the stuff shouldn't hold up better... Of course it should. Enthusiasts drive their cars harder than the average driver that Ford built them for.

Especially you guys who got your SVTF's for 13-15k..... Damn you.

Overall I am very satisfied with my $30,000 Focus economy car. I like them SVT or not.

I really need more boost...... Especially since I have my blower belt of waiting for my new made in the U.K. p/s hose to arrive
bullkrap...here we go again
I told you guys I was mod free and at 4,500 hundred miles the clutch/flywheel is toast. NO Auto-X just aggressive driving with no intentional clutch slippage. Now if it takes some slippage as everyone knows to get this tin can out of the hole from a red light etc. this is FORDS [censored] UP. My .02. This car tries to die daily. Give be a [censored] break.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bluetoy, It's not the quality in terms of reliability everyone is upset about. Its the fact the Europe gets more high powered sports oriented cars then we do. Especially the Ford Focus RS that might be coming to the US in the future. It has a factory garrett turbo, flared fender wells with 18 inch tires, and a interior to par or better than the SVT's with the "European Package". Only problem is in the US they would retail for about $30,000 and how many people would really be able or want to afford a "Ford Focus" economy car in that price range (not me). Europe's car's just normally are more sportier and have more power than the US cars, its almost their culture. You can check out http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/focus_rs.asp to see more about the Ford Focus RS, just dont drool to much.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not pointing the finger about things breaking. We all know that stuff breaks. I'm just saying that I think our cars are just as well built as the European Focus. I've got a JRSC and no clutch problems. So I guess that each car/driver combination is different. I also have no trouble getting moving with the a/c on... even before the jrsc.

Could you imagine how much the RS would be up here??? 45k!!!

I would have no problem putting my car up against any manufacturers best. My fit and finish is perfect and I have had only 2 minor problems. Every panel is perfectly aligned and everything works fine, Even my audiophile.

·
Registered
88 Posts
USAF_TRobertson said
Bluetoy, It's not the quality in terms of reliability everyone is upset about. Its the fact the Europe gets more high powered sports oriented cars then we do. .... Europe's car's just normally are more sportier and have more power than the US cars
Not really, just different. Since they pay so much for gas, they also have some far less powered cars than we have. Like the Focus for one. We also don't get the lower powered engines. Check out: UK Focus Engine Selections. 10 choices?!? We get three. Now, I know that most of us on this board will be more interested in just the one, the "2.0i 16V Duratec RS 1988 cc" engine, but if they offered that 1.4 liter engine, the Focus might become one of the best gas-only commuter car around. I have a friend who drives 90 miles a day (each way) to work every day, he drives a Honda.

Why can they be so diverse in a much smaller country/market? I understand why they put out product there first (less startup costs since they have to make so many fewer) but it would seem like too much trouble.

Louis

·
Registered
751 Posts
USAF_TRobertson said
Bluetoy, It's not the quality in terms of reliability everyone is upset about. Its the fact the Europe gets more high powered sports oriented cars then we do. .... Europe's car's just normally are more sportier and have more power than the US cars
Not really, just different. Since they pay so much for gas, they also have some far less powered cars than we have. Like the Focus for one. We also don't get the lower powered engines. Check out: UK Focus Engine Selections. 10 choices?!? We get three. Now, I know that most of us on this board will be more interested in just the one, the "2.0i 16V Duratec RS 1988 cc" engine, but if they offered that 1.4 liter engine, the Focus might become one of the best gas-only commuter car around. I have a friend who drives 90 miles a day (each way) to work every day, he drives a Honda.

Why can they be so diverse in a much smaller country/market? I understand why they put out product there first (less startup costs since they have to make so many fewer) but it would seem like too much trouble.

Louis
With that 1.4 zetec it takes the 3 door 15.1 seconds to get to 60. I don't care how effiecient it is, the SVT does it in HALF the time, and the SVTF isn't even considered fast. Hell, my car does the 1320 almost that fast
I don't care what kind of budget im on, I'll NEVER own a car that slow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts