Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My manicurist says I have low self esteem...
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the NOPI Nationals are 50 days away and I have a Euro rear bumper and Reiger RX rear apron that I REALLY want to have on by the show. My problem is that I don't have the Euro rebar or crash foam. I know the foam isn't neccisarly needed, but from what I hear the rebar is. Is there ANY WAY that I can modify the US rebar/foam to install the Euro bumper securely??? I just don't want to go through the hasle of ordering the rebar which will cost 129 euro just for shipping and then risk not getting it in time. It SHOULD arive in time (my last order took about 20 days), but who knows what could happen. PLEASE HELP!!!

Mark

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
No, you cant just cut it down, it would take forever.
Cut the brackets off and weld a 2x4 steel tube to the brackets the lenght of the distance on which they mount. This is what I was going to do at least.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I am not positive about this but I am fairly sure that some people just remove the stock one and put the bumber on.. You could do that just for the show then install the euro rebar.
jake

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Yeah it can be done that way, have fun cutting that rebar though BWAHAHA thats some tuff [censored].

Scott

·
My manicurist says I have low self esteem...
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I am doing now, no rebar, no foam.
Is that ok to do? Like will the bumper still be secure and not flapping in the breeze? These may be dumb questions, but I have never removed my bumper before so I'm not entirely clear as to what holds it in place. I know not having the foam and rebar wouldn't be good if you got in an accident, but I figure it would be ok to go to the show without it and then install the foam/rebar when I get back.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts