Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was kind of skeptical at first, because it's expensive. First impression, the smell is very nice, it reminds me of ice cream
It's made from all natural ingredients, fruits, vegetable oil or what not. I really love the result, my CR-V shines like a brand new car now
next is my focus.
The downside is the smell attracts some yellow bees and they were pretty mean

=dRe=

·
Registered
370 Posts
I use the zymbol wax. you're right, it reminds me of a banana split or something. i'm very pleased with the results. my car is very shiny and the water rolls right off of it. overall, i'm pleased with it. however, this is the only wax i have ever used so don't mind me much!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I tried it and didn't care for it very much. Then again, I like pastes better than liqueds. Liqueds also seem to leave more of a white residue on my moldings and trim. I also use a 10 in. orbital buffer. Some of the waxing I do by hand though, like my Focus, thats Black, so I do it all by hand. I have found that when using liqued waxes, you tend to put more than need on the applicator. With the paste wax, you don't have that problem. Heres a neat link with lots of info.

web page

Heres my recommendation.
I use Meguires Gold Classic Paste on my Focus Centennial, when I'm done I spray it down with Eagle 1 Wet Shine. To apply the wax I use a yellow foam applicator, then I use a white 100% terry cotton applicator pad to remove the wax. Then I whipe down with micro-fiber cloth, lastly use the Eagle 1 with a micro-fiber cloth. Then for the tires, I use Black Magic foam cleaner, then the Black Magic Tire Gel with a foam applicator. I spray my rims down with Rain-X wheel cleaner. It provides a protective film over your rims to protect from pitting, ect... due to brake dust.

My F-150 is Burgundy. I use my orbital buffer with Rain-X Ultra Paste Wax, and inbetween with my Rain-X Fast Wax Spray, or my Eagle 1 Wet Shine. I do my tires the same as my Focus. I have had nothing but compliments on both of my vehicles. It's ass breaking work, but the pay off is worth it every time.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually it smells like some kind of coconut, I will taste it next time to be sure after all they say it's all natural ingredients

Thanks for the tip, I should do it next time when I have the machine.

=dRe=

·
Registered
143 Posts
<font color="blue"> i bought the Zymbol Wax with Zymbol Detail for $10 at costco since it was a great price for the two i got it. i tested it out on my sister-in-laws sport trac and it was pretty smooth and shiny i only applied one coat, it says to put 3-4 but since its not my focus why waste it. i will have to wait a little while i just clay bared, and waxed my baby and shes so smooth u set anything on the hood and it slides off
i still have yet to try out the detail spray yet but i will do it in a few days to get the dust off my car. </font>

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I thought that it smelled like suntan lotion...for your car.

I have used it on both my Focus and the wife's car. It is good at cleaning without being too harsh. I only wish it would last longer.

My wife's car is not a clear coat paint car, so it seems to take more care than my Focus. I have had good luck with the Mequiers clay bar and 3 step process. Really brings back the color(red). Seems to last longer than the Zymol.

Tony D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Zymol i very good i been using it for 2 years now.Dont know if its the same Zymol from years back when it was very expensive,one of the most expensive waxes around.I also use 3M number #7 polish and its very very good.And for cars that are loosing a little shine use turtle wax color back.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not to sound stupid, but if I'm reading this correctly, there is a spray wax you can use on a moderatly clean car, ie; dusty, without actually washing your car?

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Not to sound stupid, but if I'm reading this correctly, there is a spray wax you can use on a moderatly clean car, ie; dusty, without actually washing your car?
Yes there is as several companies manufacture it such as
1. Meguiars Quick Detailer-A spray wax used to remove dust and bird bombs inbetween regular waxing or for quick touch ups.
2.Mothers Speed Shine(I think that is the name of it)Same useage.
Just spray on and wipe off.
To name just a couple of companies but there are more.
You can find them at auto parts stores or in the automotive section at Walmart.

·
Internet = Serious Business
628 Posts
The Zymol you get in the parts store is not the Zymol you buy through a professional supply shop. Just like Meguires, there is a store brand and professional brand. Real Zymol is paste and is $35-$50 a jar. It goes up to $1000 a jar.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Time out here! What Zymol are we talking about? Zymol from Costco or an auto parts store is actually not the real stuff. It is made by Turtle Wax to "Zymol Specifications." It is no where near the same quality as the real paste stuff. The stuff is use is about $50 jar and is awesome, although a bit harder to apply than standard wax. You know it has to be good when it says "refrigerate after opening" on the side!

Bottom line, if your're using a liquid wax, your not using real Zymol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts