Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the things I need to complete my next project.

Header – Hi Flow CAT – Flex Pipe – CAT Back
I need some input as to what is the best config from the following list and I really want to stay emissions legal. But I’m willing to go long tube if there is a way to pass emissions.

Here is the list of products I’m considering:(lists are in rank order 1 best – 5 not best)

A. Shorty Header:

1. Ford Racing
2. Focus Central
3. Focus Sport
4. Edelbrock
5. Steeda Focus

B. Hi-flow CAT

1.Radom Technology Super Hi Flow CAT http://www.mcnewsautomotive.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=mcnew&Category_Code=EXCAT
2. Focus Central
3. Focus Sport

C. Flex Pipe

1. Focus Central
2. Focus Sport
3. Bosal

D. CAT Back (Not too loud but noticeable)

1. Magnaflow
2. Borla
3. Bosal
The brand is only half the equation when it comes to Cat Back the other is where to buy it, Focus central, Focus Sport, Tru benz, etc…

I know it’s a long post but I really need some feed back thanks dudes.

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you can hold off for a while, there is going to be a shoot-out on nearly every cat-back on the Focus. It should answer any and most all questions about sound,looks, and gains. Also plans in the works for testing hi-flow cats for the Focus also. I'm trying to be as patient, to see the results of the test!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
a few things:

the Edelbrock shorty is supposedly the best one out there, but it's very very expensive.

Focus Sport does not have a high flow cat, only Fc and Rt have them in production. Bosal has one in the make.

The bosal flex pipe is the only one out of the three that is Stainless Steel. It's also the same price as the FC and only a bit more expensive than the FS. I'd go for Bosal (and i did.)

check out everything as far as cat-backs. you missed a few like MBRP, Focus Sport, and Thermal; all of which are very popular.

Nate

EDIT: as for where to buy everything? www.mcnewsautomotive.com and www.newedgeperformance.com are both awesome shops with great prices and even better service. They should be able to get you pretty much everything you need (don't think either of them carry the Edelbrock header yet...)

[ 03-29-2003, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Bmorezx3 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts