Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking of deleting the rear muffler on my car. SO I decided to get Photoshop and play with some ideas of how to run the tips. These are in no particular order, and the last picture is of the stock (how it is today) look. This is my first time EVER doing anything with Photoshop too, so it's been a fun evening (how do you like my mad skills?).

Let me know what you guys think looks best. I know what I like more, but maybe someone has another idea. Please feel free to take the stock picture and play with it if you are bored and/or want something to do.

·
I
13,302 Posts
Personally, I'd just go with a turn down on the left side of the car and keep it hidden up under the bumper. Unless you cut away the bumper (or run an ST diffuser or a center exit) I think the tips just look...eh.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Personally, I'd just go with a turn down on the left side of the car and keep it hidden up under the bumper. Unless you cut away the bumper (or run an ST diffuser or a center exit) I think the tips just look...eh.
This, turn down on the left side where the pipe/premuffler exits and call it done.

- Drew

·
Potato Camera Operator
8,401 Posts
I personally prefer turndowns on cars without bumper cut-outs. If I were to install a visible exhaust tip(s) on the car without changing the valence, I would cut it to fit and fit a dual center exit. I think the lines of the MK3 lend themselves to center exit much better than any of the older cars. Plus, if you're worried about returning the car to stock, the base model valence is very cheap and easy to replace.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scored an ST exhaust on Craigslist for $50. Minor modification and it'll go on. I'll post pics when completed.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the exhaust installed!

HERE IT IS!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good start, would definitely try to find a way to get it up at the diffuser though and not so close to the ground

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not touching the bumper. I want to get the center exit diffuser to bring the look to perfection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts