Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Ok I want opinions on the OBX exhaust system for sale on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=1875279951&rd=1

I am trying to decide whether to get this system or save up and get the HKS. Both look almost exactly the same and that is the style i am going for. I did a search about this exhaust system on here and was unsatisfied with the results. I want honest opinions about this and if you leave a post saying that "OBX sucks" leave me a reason or dont bother posting. I have seen and heard many people that have OBX products and are completely happy. So the major dilema is buy this and have money left over for an intake and possibly other items or save and spend $460 on the HKS. Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hella Again,
PLEASE post some opinions. I think i am going to get it but would love to hear what people think. Thanks again

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Sorry your other thread got locked. Anyway, I don't know anything about the sound of the OBX system. But if it's anything like the one I bought off eBay you'll be pleased with it. The one I got has a real nice mellow sound, not loud at all. Like I said, it's just a chance you'll have to take, but really, how bad could it be. The Focus exhaust would be pretty hard to screw up to the point of beinf totally crappy. Give it a shot and let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I replied this on a differnet forum on an OBX short-shifter.. But this is my opinion on OBX products. I have the HKS and love it. Anyways I will not buy any OBX products because my friend bought and we installed an OBX dual exhaust system on his 00 V6 Honda Accord and the fitment sucks! It's so bad that there is no clearance from the muffler to the back bumper. IT ended up melting parts of his bumper and one exhaust sticks out a bit farther than the other one. Also what's scary is the fact that he wants headers now for his car and he calls OBX up..They offer him $300 for a set of headers which normally costs right at a grand on his car, and $150 rebate if he takes pictures of his car to advertise. Now, really would you buy headers from a company that you experienced and was semi-dissatisfied? But some of you out there whose had great experience with OBX, great, but they have lost my business for good.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

1 - 5 of 5 Posts