Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planning on getting the Trubendz stainless piping kit for my car soon and I would like to know if anyone knew what size mufflers would fit under the car. I basically have two options:

1. One that is 7" round and 16" long

or

2. One that is 8" oval and 16" long

Which would work best? Thanks for the help!

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
I think that if they build an exhuast for the Focus, they will know the clearance and they should fit under the bumper or hang a little big lower than the stock exhaust. if you have a standard zetec the bumper will not cover up the exhaust, so you should be able to put whatever you want, but if you have an SVT where the surround covers the exhuast, then you would have problems.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that if they build an exhuast for the Focus, they will know the clearance and they should fit under the bumper or hang a little big lower than the stock exhaust. if you have a standard zetec the bumper will not cover up the exhaust, so you should be able to put whatever you want, but if you have an SVT where the surround covers the exhuast, then you would have problems.
I'm not putting it in the rear section. Normal ZX3 exhausts have the muffler and maybe a resonator in the mid section.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
So you are getting the tubing only from trubendz? Why not just get the system with a muffler already welded in, then add one to the center section?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts