Ford Focus Forum banner

exhaust question

511 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  zx3focusguy 
#1 ·
I'm sure this has been gone over a million and a half times but I did a quick search with nothing so I'm gonna ask.

How loud is an SVTF with STOCK exhaust and an off road pipe? Is it obnoxious like a regular focus without a cat? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks,

Scott

#2 ·
Not sure about how it sounds compared to a regular focus without a cat, but it is louder then stock. At lower RPM you get a little bit of a twangy noise that goes away as you get in the upper RPM range.

Psy

#4 ·
well psy ur exhaust would deffinatly be louded with MBRP anyways with that ORP
I had just the stock exhaust and the ORP before I put on the MBRP, so I'm speaking from experience when I say to me it was twangy at the lower RPM, then sounded better on top end

#5 ·
I just dont want it to be obnoxiously loud, thats all. Guess I'll have tow ait and see. Thanks guys,

Scott

#6 ·
Can i ask what your doing as far as modding? i noticed you sold the turbo kit, are you done with boost, or?

just curious

#7 ·
Can i ask what your doing as far as modding? i noticed you sold the turbo kit, are you done with boost, or?

just curious
well yeah I sold my turbo kit as I jsut bought a house and have other things to turn my attention too. I'm done with boost for now....atleast until next year. Right now I'm just throwing on an OBX long tube header, 2.5'' flex and svt exhaust to get me by with. But my plans are for a late 60's early 70's datsun 510 or toyota corolla.
there may be more boost in the future for my ZX3 but I dont know right now.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.