Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am curentlly runing svt header cat and flex. But i am still runing my stock cat back. the svt cat back is 2 1/2 inch. i think atleast that is what it is at the flex pipe. I went to the exaust shop today to see what my options are. they told me that if i put 2 1/2 inch pipe on my car it would rob the car of power. I had them cut out the stock muffler and put in a strait pipe and now only have a resignator. Its really loud and i dont like it. Didnt seem to help with power at all iether. any one have any ideas let me know.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Lots of people are running 2.5" exhaust on their Focus, you may loose a little low end torque, but as much torque as the Focus has you should be ok. I had a 2,5" AEM cat-back on my wifes basically stock Focus for about a year and had no problems.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
you could go with the Borla SVT exhaust

Ford Focus SVT ZX3 Borla exhaust.

Made from high quality stainless steel in the USA, this is the new SVT Borla exhaust. This exhaust is a direct fit, no weld type system and it has a nice deep tone. Comes with lifetime warranty from Borla, and comes with highly polished 3.5 inch tip, built in 16 inch resonator to reduce noise and stainless steel clamps.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">available from Modern Performance

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you ever heard it before. I dont want my car to be really loud. I really dont want to hurt my low end tourq iether because my car is an outo and has a hard enough time geting of the line as it is. Are there any systems that help with tourq . Or any ideas on some thing that will help my car out under 2000 rpms.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have you considered running the stock SVT cat back? It would give you what your looking for. I agree with you on the low end power. I used a Borla for awhile and got tired of the low end loss. I dont run around at WOT all the time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i wanted to use the svt cat back. IT is around $4oo evn at employee cost. JUst a little bit to much for me.i think that i am going to try the stock cat back without the resignator and see how loud that is. it seems like there arent that many options when running a header. That is if you want to keep you car quiet

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
to increase low end torque put back your shorty header. or just brake torque when you need to get off the line fast

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you guys think that a chip would help with low end. I no that i need to get one for my car because i have an outo. But i was wondering if the chip helps out low end or does it take away.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by belnaper:
do you guys think that a chip would help with low end. I no that i need to get one for my car because i have an outo. But i was wondering if the chip helps out low end or does it take away.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do you want to burn the spendy gas? A chip *usually* changes the timing, which sorta forces you to burn a higher octane to control knock.

What are your long term plans with that car?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
oh... wait a min... I was under the impression that you had an SVT...

im goin to bed right now, but get w/ me after work tomorrow and we'll talk ATX setups!

check my sig

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by belnaper:
ya i wanted to use the svt cat back. IT is around $4oo evn at employee cost. JUst a little bit to much for me.i think that i am going to try the stock cat back without the resignator and see how loud that is. it seems like there arent that many options when running a header. That is if you want to keep you car quiet
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Keep your eye on eBay, chances are good you can find a slightly used stock SVT cat back exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts