Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2010 Focus Coupe and want to get a cat-back exhaust and want to know what you guys would suggest.
I'm looking for good performance for the most part but also would like a nice deep tone as well.
I've looked at a couple like the F2 exhaust and the fswerks race exaust. also was wondering about the trubends exhaust. it says you can chose your muffler (borla, magnaflow) thats the link>http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-214/05-dsh-09-FORD-FOCUS-EXHAUST/Detail

out of those 3 in your own opinions, which would give me the best hp/tor gains and would sound the best.

·
Registered
485 Posts
dude lol its all up to you. but thank you for that site. cus ive been looking for that borla setup for my 2010 coupe :).

all in what you want. they all sound great to me. just i love borla!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude lol its all up to you. but thank you for that site. cus ive been looking for that borla setup for my 2010 coupe :).

all in what you want. they all sound great to me. just i love borla!
alright thanks. youd prolly go with the borla?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I've got the F2 and love the tone. With the turbo it has a bit deeper tone than with the factory exhaust mani though. I've driven the F2 08 coupe with intake and factory exhaust mani with the catback. Not to loud.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
They are all good choices. It really comes down to sound and how much you want to spend. I went with the Borla setup because I really like the sound of there kits

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are all good choices. It really comes down to sound and how much you want to spend. I went with the Borla setup because I really like the sound of there kits
did you get the 3in stainless steel borla exhaust from turbenz?
also is it a cat-back or axel back?

·
Registered
893 Posts
They only make catbacks for the US focus. I wouldn't go 3" exhaust. Even for a turbo thats way to big. Stick with 2.5". If your N/A and go turbo you won't have to worry about the exhaust upgrade.

·
Registered
485 Posts
yeah i woudn't go 3inch.

2.5 and 3 inch isn't much of a dif on turbo. just sounds better lol. but 2.5 will give you a more deep tone while ur n/a then when you go to turbo, *if you do*it will sound much nicer.

its gonna be hard to find a 2.5 in and out borla tho :( im having no luck myself.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i went straight pipe on my 06 2.0 and just left the resonator. mines deep and not too loud either:) i am very satisfied and its also cheap. but if you want to get the whole catback i would say borla:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i went straight pipe on my 06 2.0 and just left the resonator. mines deep and not too loud either:) i am very satisfied and its also cheap. but if you want to get the whole catback i would say borla:)
Yeah they only have it in 3in borla if i go with the 2.5 its magna flow.
so which is better fswerks race exhaust or the F2 exhaust?

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
did you get the 3in stainless steel borla exhaust from turbenz?
also is it a cat-back or axel back?
I bought a 2.5" cat back kit that actually fits the 05-07 Focus. I will just have to some modification to make it fit. I would just go with a 2.5" kit it will handle everything you throw at it. If you buy a cat back from Trubendz you can only get it with a Magnaflow muffler. The Borla mufflers are only for the 00-04.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
I bought mine off of ebay. You really have to do some searching to find these kits. They don't make them any more so they are getting hard to find.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts