Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the R/T H/F sound is good but down on the low end i sometimes get a raspy sound, thought the exhaust was rubbing against the metal protective shrouding under the car but was not. Will a second free flow muffler in the rear help that, or do i need a larger resonator up front. Almost like a buzzy sound until the RPMs climb. Or will just a resonated tip do the trick please help.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by focuzedfocus:
Just installed the R/T H/F sound is good but down on the low end i sometimes get a raspy sound, thought the exhaust was rubbing against the metal protective shrouding under the car but was not. Will a second free flow muffler in the rear help that, or do i need a larger resonator up front. Almost like a buzzy sound until the RPMs climb. Or will just a resonated tip do the trick please help.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sounds like all the pacesetter's i've heard. There's a reason some exhausts are $200 and some are $500. I think you should check for leaks maybe, but besides that the only real option is maybe a different exhuast.

·
Registered
93 Posts
while I agree about the Pacesetter being an example of "you get what you pay for," the Magnaflow stainless system for $300 proves that statement wrong as far as I'm concerned.

my .02

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I do agree that the magnaflow is a great buy for the money. But it still is nowhere near the realm of HKS or Apex'i, of course they are $200 more. It all depends on you're money situation.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had the SVT header on my car (buzzzy as all hell with stock exhaust and with dump but) with the pacesetter exhaust it was quiet and only a MINIMAL buzz after 5k, so it may be another piece in your setup...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by focuzedfocus:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Check to see if its rubbing in spots. I just installed a Pacesetter today and it was rubbing in two spots. First spot is at the rear of the front(resonator)section. The Tip isnt straight and wants to rub against the driver side of the cutout. It looks like they welded the hanger near the tip in the wrong place. Also check for clearance over the axle. If your muffler rotated a bit it will rub there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts