Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the topic has been beaten to death, but I still want the last-minute opinions of anyone willing to chime in.

I am ordering my exhaust on Monday.

It is down to:
<ul type="square">[*]MBRP
[*]FocusSport (No Stealth)
[*]TruBendz /w Borla muffler
[/list]
Future Upgrades will be:
<ul type="square">[*]Volant Cold Air Intake
[*]Volant CAI RAM Feed
[*]Steeda Shorty Headers
[*]Focus Central High-Flow Cat
[*]TruBendz Flex Pipe
[/list]

Thanks to any who reply with helpful input.

·
Registered
444 Posts
MBRP. had it over a year. Spotless and Sounds as good as day one. Fits good too...for 200 bucks you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i'm sure you saw the fj exhaust shoot-out, right? seems like the easiest way to make your decision.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
if you are willing to pay for either of those choices (price of each is not as important)

then i vote for the trubendz w/ borla, but if magnaflow was on the list i would recommend it instead

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
i have 2 more different company'sexhaust and i like mbrp the best.
mbrp(2bd gen) with resonator built in.
love it

·
Registered
24 Posts
me have da MBRP gen 2 and it eese so quiet.

eet is velly burbly and so sound like the ford focus rally car in colin mcrae rally!!!!

eet eese so awesome for da heel and toe downshift and u can hear it burble burble burble like some big engine car.

too bad eet no louder!

da tip looks awesome wit a laser logo.

yeah baby

·
Registered
272 Posts

eet is velly burbly and so sound like the ford focus rally car in colin mcrae rally!!!!

eet eese so awesome for da heel and toe downshift and u can hear it burble burble burble like some big engine car.

too bad eet no louder!

yeah baby
don't do that.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

too bad eet no louder!

yeah baby
ok, I vote MBRP

·
Registered
123 Posts
I vote Focussport non-stealth

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
Im getting my Trubendz with borla muffler, and magnaflow resonator today, it should be on by tonight or tomorrow, I will let you know how it sounds.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i love my HKS Hi power exhaust...but the MBRP is a very nice looking exhaust...of course, it was right out of the box, but clean.....very nice curves...no kinks as far as i could tell.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FINALLY!!!

I found my city's ordinance:

"(C) No person shall operate a motor vehicle having a manufacturer's gross vehicle rating of less than 6,000 lb., except a motorcycle, which exceeds 95 dB measured 20 in. (508 mm) from the exhaust outlet."

So MBRP is out... they say that with headers it will break 105 dB.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Borla,mm sexy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Definately a Borla!! With it's wonderful Rumble and it's burble when you let off the gas, you can't go wrong. If you're going with a Race Header, i'd definately get a resonator put in!

Go for it! You'll be glad you did!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
FOCUS SPORT! I have the non-stealth and it just sounds great. A little growl anything under 3000 RPMs but past that its pretty quiet even on the highway.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
If you want it quiet, FocusSport Stealth all the way.
Not a biased opinion there

I have heard the FocusSport, it is a great sounding exhaust, but, it is also 150-175 more than Trubendz Borla w/ a resonator. My wife rags on me enough about the money I put into my car,

1 - 20 of 36 Posts