Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is in the right place but I wanted to know if anyone had purchased the Cat Back System from MBRP (A sponsor from this website) I wanted to know if it sounded good on the car or if it sounded like a tin can. I was thinking about purchasing some exhaust from them. Thanks.

Tina

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Sorry, wrong forum - I'll move this to Zetec Tuning.

BTW - The MBRP is one of the nicest most throaty exhaust's on the market - But it is also one of the loudest.

Very high quality also.

- Drew

·
Registered
512 Posts
I haven't bought one, although I'm either gonna go with MBRP or FocusSport...however MBRP sounds very nice! FocuSVTing has the MBRP and it sounded awesome..I was like
!

·
Registered
970 Posts
who would a good supplier be to buy one from?

thanks,

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by focusownerskid:
www.mcnewsautomotive.com

- Drew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that's where i got mine for $319, i drove so no s/h charges for me. it's a nice sounding system a bit loud at times, but it's nice a throaty. both baconzx3 and i have the system in this area. i have a bosal flex pipe and stock cat/header and bacon has a race header/flex. if you are planning on getting a race header be ready for it to be LOUD! or plan on getting something else.

check out this link for some more info + pics: http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=010450#000000

if you search "mbrp" you'll pull up a bunch of other threads like this one.

Nate

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I also have MBRP and it does sound great. For my taste it is too quiet, but my other ZX3 has the Borla cat-back and thats a bit louder. In general the MBRP cat-back has a great fit and finish, and is darn loud to the average person.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your help. I think the MBRP exhaust will be my next purchase.

Tina

1 - 10 of 10 Posts