Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once my return
comes in, I plan on getting the Bosal cat back. I was wondering if it would be senseable to get the Bosal flex pipe at the same time? I currently don't have a header, but plan on getting a shorty header and hi flow cat in the future. Any help would be great, as I am not very up on the performance side of the Focus.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
the flex pipe frees up a very restricted area. i doubt you'd see any noticable dyno gains from one, but you will notice that the exhaust flow has been freed up quite a bit.

i must plug this though: http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=011451

an SVT long tube header/SVT catalytic converter/SVT flex pipe all ready to bolt on with all the necessary parts for only $361. definitely worth a look considering a shorty header/high flow cat/flex would cost you about twice that. i don't know what the gains of this vs. the shorty/highflow/flex would be, but i'm willing to bet that you'd see very similar hp and most likely higher tq.

Nate

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
if you have the cash i would get it you won't notice to much from that right now but think about it if you end up getting a header and dont have that part your trying to shove that exhaust thru that tiny pipe and then back into nice free flowing exhaust again spend the money if you've got it or spend it when you get the header and hi flow cat just make sure you spend the money you won't regret it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts