Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone thanks alot for helping me out with my intake questions. Now its time for exhaust. My thing is...I have a 6 month old boy and a 5 y/o girl. I dont want something much louder than factory but something that can produce some hp to the wheels. I have a 98 civic aswell with a skunk 2 cat back and it just blairs down the road but isn't super bad on the highway. I like being able to think when im going down the road. So keep all of that in mind when i say I just want a nice sound. Not loud at all.

·
O .
2,372 Posts
focussport Stealth, hks (very spency), obx (hks but cheaper)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
If you plan on keeping the stock header/cat MBRP. The new gens. have a resonator in the straight pipe. Mine isnt even that loud with a race header.
And its $200 all stainless.

·
O .
2,372 Posts
well i have a obx header bosal flex and svt mbrp and it is LOUD AND FARTY lots of buzz and it just sounds like anus in general. it may be the 2.25/2.5" change that makes it like that i'm not really sure but its loud i would say go with my original choices they seem to be the quietest unless you keep the cat and mani than the mbrp would be good

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have both a oem SVT exhaust and an HKS. The SVT is a step quieter than the HKS. But with 2 kids in the car, isn't that loud enough? I know because I have two kids myself.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The B stands for Bleeding Ears.

The solution you seek is a FocusSport Stealth System. Quiet as anything, good tone, good power gains.
You have to be talking about the first gen MBRP. Mine even with a race header isnt that loud. Its nothing compared to my old custom exhaust which was straight piping to a can muffler, that was LOUD.

Have you ever heard the MBRP with a stock cat in place? its VERY quiet.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts

The solution you seek is a FocusSport Stealth System. Quiet as anything, good tone, good power gains.
whatever you say, have you ever had 2 or more brand exhaust??
I say mbrp was the quietest one and all my friends told me mbrp is the quietest.

are you something to do with focussport??
why are you saying mbrp is the loudest??
gues you are talking about the first gen..

you really should've listen to mbrp second gen..mbrp is not louder exhaust.

once my magnaflow was installed in garage, sounds was very noticable and mbrp, my friend drove my car outside and i didn't even notice that my car was moving..

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Or you can look at it like this....
MBRP full stainless= around $250 shipped
OBX full stainless= around $270 shipped
Focussport ceramic coated alum. steel Stealth= around $400.

I am not knocking Focussports quality or anything, because I have their flex pipe and it is top notch and their customer service is excellent. But in this case I would go with the cheaper exhausts that are stainless. They are all very quiet with stock cat. And not that loud with a race header.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts

I am not knocking Focussports quality or anything, because I have their flex pipe and it is top notch and their customer service is excellent. But in this case I would go with the cheaper exhausts that are stainless. They are all very quiet with stock cat. And not that loud with a race header.
true, focusssport is top notch, i also have their product.
anything with resonator built in, very quiet but of course louder than stock.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts

Focussprt is uber quiet on a stock car, i hate those crush jounts though. I have the Apexi exhaust and they are super quiet also on a stock car, the fit and finish is top notch

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been reading alot about the focussport stealth... Exactly how much louder from factory is it. I have the sony edition and it seems with the tip to have a lil sound but nothing you can hear unless ur behidn the car when someone revs it up. Is the focus sport stealth worth the 400 bucks?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I've been reading alot about the focussport stealth... Exactly how much louder from factory is it. I have the sony edition and it seems with the tip to have a lil sound but nothing you can hear unless ur behidn the car when someone revs it up. Is the focus sport stealth worth the 400 bucks?
Like i said, get the cheaper ones that are stainless=last longer.

·
O .
2,372 Posts
^what he said

·
Registered
19,264 Posts

I say mbrp was the quietest one and all my friends told me mbrp is the quietest.

once my magnaflow was installed in garage, sounds was very noticable and mbrp, my friend drove my car outside and i didn't even notice that my car was moving..
In my time with focuses, racing focuses, working on focuses, and going to many many MANY g2gs with Focuses, I've heard every single exhaust that is mass manufactured for the focus. I can guarantee that.

Something to do with FocusSport? Other than spending a GRIP of cash on their products cuz they're the best that money can buy? No. I do not work for FocusSport. In full disclosure, as promoter and producer of Focus On The Beach, FocusSport does sponsor FOTB.

I am saying that the MBRP is the loudest because I've sat behind one driving for 300 miles at highway speeds.

Yes I'm sure its first gen. But nobody I know has an MBRP anymore because they're all ear-bleeding loud.

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
For 400 you can get the best sounding with the best power out of the Ford Racing SVT Catback. Its all stainless 2 1/2".

·
Registered
4,476 Posts

In my time with focuses, racing focuses, working on focuses, and going to many many MANY g2gs with Focuses, I've heard every single exhaust that is mass manufactured for the focus. I can guarantee that.

Something to do with FocusSport? Other than spending a GRIP of cash on their products cuz they're the best that money can buy? No. I do not work for FocusSport. In full disclosure, as promoter and producer of Focus On The Beach, FocusSport does sponsor FOTB.

I am saying that the MBRP is the loudest because I've sat behind one driving for 300 miles at highway speeds.

Yes I'm sure its first gen. But nobody I know has an MBRP anymore because they're all ear-bleeding loud.
oh okay..first gen came out without resonator that is why..
and second gen is really quiet..
i wanna hear fs stealth someday..hope somebody at the meet has it.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Look at my sig, I also have children.

NO problems with being loud here.....

Over at FocusSport they care about their quality, service AND Customers!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts