Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about putting an exhaust system on my 00 zx3, any suggestions? i was wanting something that wasn't too loud, but gave good power increases. any suggestions would be helpful. thanks.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
since most all exh systems 4 most of our cars (NA, no boost) usually yield similar results. go after other issues 2 decide. Sound levels? Price? Loox? race header/hi-flo cat/ORP in ur future-thus Sound again? and which sponsor u want 2 buy from.

these and a couple others should b ur main concern. house favorites seem 2 b the bosal, thermal, FS, Magnaflow, MBRP, etc. check out the many threads that addresses many and each of these systems 2 better aide u in ur final choice 4 ur application. this is a pretty broad post, yet realize many will talk up the 1 they have. b mindful of that, but remember its ur application thats important.

lastly, as briefly mentioned above, u have 2 also take into consideration future exhaust work. if u get more aggressive u might want 2 start w/a quieter system 2 avoid the fuzz later. also whether u will consider boost in the future will impact ur decision. good luck.

-Ult

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by N-Focus:
i was thinking about putting an exhaust system on my 00 zx3, any suggestions? i was wanting something that wasn't too loud, but gave good power increases. any suggestions would be helpful. thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Best thing is listen to other Foci that have done their systems.

However,I bought an HKS without ever hearing it based solely on a few guys here on the Jet. Naz being the main influence.

I am VERY happy with the sound and performance. The motor will spin very easy to fuel cut-off now. Before it was a bit of work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts