Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ok ok the install of the throttle body went great!

idle is great!

but the throttle is SOO sensative

at a red light it looks like its my first time driving a stick shift!

car starts shaking the slitest touch to the throttle opend it up like %50 of the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how can i adjust this if at all?

its really sensative

·
Registered
872 Posts
learn to push lightly

1/16th of a inch open throttle will hold it at 3000 rpms in neutral for me. I measured one day just for my own amusement. You have to learn the gentle foot action

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Welcome to the world of the bigger throttle body. You will get used to it. Just try not to set any dates so that you don't stall it and embarrass yourself.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess i just gotta drive it and get used to the senativity no prblem the throttle body kicks butt cheeks!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
its the occurance which is meant 2 fool the customer into thinkin they have more power 4 their ~250bux. u r curin the anemic throttle response though.

-Ult

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so is it your new thing to follow me whereever i post and say something about my post?

wow your real cool

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
its the occurance which is meant 2 fool the customer into thinkin they have more power 4 their ~250bux. u r curin the anemic throttle response though.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hmmm i mean off the line there is a real BIG diffrence!

and top end feels great now

i would have paid 400 dollers for this piece but the fact that i only paid $150 brand new makes it evan better

·
Registered
173 Posts

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey man don't mean 2 get off topic but what is ur beef with FC?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Originally posted by Trifocal:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by UltegraSTI:

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey man don't mean 2 get off topic but what is ur beef with FC?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i'm not singling out FC, all TBs at most peoples mod level r good only 4 increasin response, 4 which the focus has been noted lackluster 4. regardless of manufacturer.

and in answer 2 ur last question, what u see as displeasures w/FC on my part r true 2 a certain extent. and the cause behind the stance i've taken lie squarely upon 1 person. and he knows who he is.

thus i'll shall say nothin further on that matter, and let the issue this current thread addressed.

as long as he realizes that response is the primary improvement that comes w/this mod, learns how 2 control it, and thus his car does what he wants it 2 do better. then he shall succeed in validating this mod 4 his car.

good luck,

-Ult

[ 01-04-2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got way more than response

the top end screams now that tiney stock TB was limiting my other mods

on the freeway its like a new car

off the line its great

i think i can truley say this was THE BEST MOD for the $

nothing made a diffrence like this did i mean cams headers exhaust intake blah blah blah NOTHING campared to the way this mod showed itself

i really like it

but i just have to get used to the drivability

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
the FC TB is much more twitchy than the stocker, but it is hardly "meant 2 fool the customer into thinkin they have more power 4 their ~250bux."

the tb does much more than give you a little throttle response. the hp gains are low, but the increase in air flow does wonders for the entire powerband. it may not show up in dyno #'s, but everyone that has used the FC TB knows that it kicks ass over the stock TB in every way. the stock tb was designed to hamper airflow to increase city driveability/mileage. the FC TB allows larger volumes of air to flow unrestricted into the intake manifold. just try putting your stock tb back on after a week or so and see what i mean.

Ult has had a bad experience with FC and a few arguements with one of their head employees so his post happens to be a little biased. i too have had issue with my FC TB, but i will still admit that it sure beats using the stock POS.

Nate

·
Registered
8,272 Posts

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">oh ...oh man...oh please...not again

It will work itself looser over some time, but YES it is more sensative, WHY? Because it doesnt have that GAY GAY GAY GAY hump that the stock TB has, people get used to driving the GAY GAY GAY stock tb around for long and get used to the granny style... IT doesnt do ANYTHING until like 1/2 throttle, because if you look at the butterfly, it doesnt open anything under 1/2 throttle basically.

Its more sensative not because its a stiffer spring, but because when you crank open the tb even just a bit, its already letting more air in...those GRANNY people on here who get used to the GAY GAY GAY stock TB and like it...well, thats their opinion...sure its easier to drive, but with aftermarket parts, you sacrifice something sometimes....

As to your opinion about it making you BELIEVE it makes more power? Should i even mention how much more power it makes with my turbo at 6psi vs stock? You would probably **** YOUR PANTS ULT

EDIT: I'll tell you this, looking at your MOD list, i guarantee the TB alone on my car with 5-6psi made more power then all your mods put together added to whatever your baseline was...just to give you a slight idea...dont believe me? Ask JON (fastrax) how much the TB made on BOTH turbo cars he did vs stock...

Dont got a turbo? I got 5 dynoes to show you how much it made on a NA car, nothing huge, but definetly not far off from other bolt ons

[ 01-04-2003, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts