Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I did a search and came up with nothing in here for my question. I am going to be getting an EZ PASS as I so tired of waiting in the damn toll lines whenever I go to NYC.

I just wonder if any of you have used the external EZ PASS and what it looks like. Is it that big barcode sticker that you have to put on your car? Is it hard to mount? I know what the internal one looks like but supposedly with the Focus we have to get an external one.

Finally I also want to get one for the Harley (bike) as well but there seeme to be nothing about that. Do any of you know how that works or what type of transponder I should use with that? Again sorry if this is some idiotic repost but I need to get one ASAP and of course their customer service is closed. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my wqfe's ez pass works fine in the vocus. its just a 4x4x1 `nch white box that she stores i her artrest, afd waves it when passing0through tolls. (

i suppose it could be a dafferent system up there!though.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
oh g-d I just saw that you put that it was modified... how big are they normally? And so the external is the one for the bike I guess. Thanks OZ.
The tabs were cut off in that pic so that it could fit between the posts on the handlebar. I'm not sure if there is one for a bike, I just posted that pic so you'd have an option for yours.

You might not need an external one, those are only for certain cars with metallic windshields. http://www.e-zpassny.com/static/info/exteriortags.html (That list is a little out of date, the EZ-Pass application has an up to date one.)

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
jesus, just looking at those things makes me feel lucky that we have EZ-TAG here its this 2x1x1/8" window sticker that you put behind your rear view mirror and you can go through at 100mph if you want and it still works

·
Registered
759 Posts
Have EZ-PASS in MD will work at 55mph I know but they like to clock the people going through the lane so i normally do about 20mph

I say go with the internal, if you dont want to mount it just put it in the golve box and hold it up when you need it.

MY EZ-PASS also works on just about any toll from MD to MA

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
Humm so any car with a heated windscreen cant use the internal EZ-PASS unit. So if someone added a headed windscreen to there NA spec focus EZ-PASS will no longer work through it?

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Wow, that is so weird, you have to pay to drive on certain roads?

That just blows my mind.
you're kidding, right?

on the way back from baltimore, i had to pay $1 on a part of I95, then 30 min later i had to pay $4!!! then i had to pay another $2 toll, and then on the PA turnpike i had to pay $1.05, which i'm used to, but man, Maryland freakin raped me, jeez you'd think that money would go towards cleaning up their filthy ass rest stops.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts