Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I use the stock bracket on a fc tb if i dont wanna wait for the backordered bracket to come in?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I got a couple questions on these too (not to hijack your thread).

Does the FC TB use a quality o-ring gasket like OEM?

Does it use the OEM TPS?

Will the throttle plate reach full open with less gas pedal travel than originally?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Welding Rod:
I got a couple questions on these too (not to hijack your thread).

Does the FC TB use a quality o-ring gasket like OEM?

Does it use the OEM TPS?

Will the throttle plate reach full open with less gas pedal travel than originally?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">u get a new gasket with it,
it uses the oem sensor,
the throttle will be more sensitive so yes it will

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
So the supplied gasket is an o-ring?

One more thing, since the diameter of the TB is bigger, at a given throttle position more air will flow than originally. For example at 3/4 opening, and read as such by the TPS, say it flows about the same as WOT with the OEM TB. Obviously the MAF will be reading the actual quantity of air. But what are the implications of the TPS sending signals that aren't exactly consistent with the OEM parameters - same air flow as measured by the MAF, but at a lesser throttle opening as measured by the TPS? Slightly more aggressive timing at any given flow value?

Edited for clarity

[ 11-16-2002, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Welding Rod ]

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know exactly if it is an o ring, and the computer will compensate for the extra air coming in.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The gasket is a paper type gasket. Good ? about what happens when there is more air flow vs. % of throttle opening. I'd like to know more about this, too.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by Welding Rod:
But what are the implications of the TPS sending signals that aren't exactly consistent with the OEM parameters - same air flow as measured by the MAF, but at a lesser throttle opening as measured by the TPS? Slightly more aggressive timing at any given flow value?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The absolute value of the TPS is not really used for precise control. Each time you start the car the PCM looks at the TPS to determine what the closed value is. It uses the WOT (about 90%) value to determine when to go Open Loop. It uses the rate of throttle movement for enrichment and timing functions. It relies more on the MAF to calculate Load % than TPS reading. It will also "learn" new TPS settings as it would if aging components had caused a change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts