Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got any up close pics of both?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Originally posted by iamgod:
if you didn't dyno are you basing your dyno numbers on those supplied by the manufacturer?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, he is using his ass as the dyno

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well firsst off I would like to say either way I have no partialiality. (WOW) cool word. Anyway here are the results:

1- Random Tech cat by the but dyno makes more power,but is also a hell of alot louder! Quality is excellent fitment is excellent, the only problem I had was there first generation cat gaskets sucked! A little of a wierd smell also at times!

2- Focus central cat less (Honda) like sound, by my guess means less flow which would equal less overall WHP. This is exactly what i felt. But the exhaust sound is sweet, not as Honda like. Fitment and build is excellent as well. No smell and at highway speed it is very quiet.

Exhaust used was the Bosal cat back, Bosal Flex and Bosal silencer kit. Have pics of both Cats side By side if you need to see them.

Overall, for my intended use, I like the F/C just because I drive 120 miles a day round trip for work, But for overall raw power I would use the R/T. Remember I did not Dyno Test them, Just my opinion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is correct I am using my ass as the dyno, crude but effective on the street. I was also just informed by a reliable source that the FC does infact flow less on a bench flow test as I suspected, but for me the trade off in noise reduection is worth it. Anyway choose your weapon and wait to see what Bosal has to offer! They are going to be closer to the Random Tech in terms of overall performance and dyno numbers!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Originally posted by focuzedfocus:

1- Random Tech cat by the but dyno makes more power,but is also a hell of alot louder! Quality is excellent fitment is excellent, the only problem I had was there first generation cat gaskets sucked! A little of a wierd smell also at times!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one getting a weird smell! It's not overwhelming, but it's there.

As far as the sound, I finally decided that the RT and FS ceramic cat-back exhaust combo is just a bit too loud for me and my 150 mile commute, so I've ordered the quiet resonator from FocusSport. I'm anxious to see how much it quiets the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts