Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
The GP2 race earlier was better than the F1 race. WAY BETTER.

·
Registered
230 Posts
GP2...

But anyways they usually are more entertaining than the F1, due to the 2005 aero rules in F1 sucking massive goat [censored], plus the GP2 drivers have less brains, so they usually end up doing some crazy stuff
. Even so I thought the F1 race was pretty good though I wish JPM held on to 2nd at the end there, the track is pure sex (turn 8 = teh awesome). But I still gotta watch the GP2 race (dvr'd).

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Love that quadruple-apex left sweeper...

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
any race where schumi qualifies poorly and spears another driver out of spite = pwnage.

That was just lame. Schumi is an ass!

The race was great though. I agree turn 8 with it's quad apex is freekin awesome!!!!

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
YAWN. OK, yet another Hermann Tilke-designed circuit... better then his other efforts, but mainly because he had topological variety to make it a bit interesting. Otherwise it would have been yet another modern (boring) track.

Facilities: A

Safety: A

Layout: B (mainly only because of the topology and a crazy turn... see below)

Hallmark Corner (Turn 8): B
Regarding Turn 8: It's something we haven't really seen before. But, so what? Challenging? Yes, in this the first running. After everyone gets use to it, it will cease to be all that special. Does it provide an opportunity for overtaking? No, unless someone gets it WAY wrong. Does it take huge "attachments" to do it quickly, like the "old" Eau Rouge? No.

So, it's taken him FOUR tries to get something that the driver's remotely like (not counting his, um... "revisions" to several classic circuits)? How about next time getting some former and/or current DRIVER'S input for the track design and build in some "real" overtaking areas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts