Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed it on friday. I really love it. Sounds nice and was easy to install. I've never done engine work before and it was fairly easy. Here is a pic. I will try to get more. F2 Uses a Magnaflow muffler with their own piping. My boy got his magnaflow for 395.00 the F2 Setup is exactly the same but only 299.00
I thought it was a great deal. Let me know what you think guys.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Oh good god, not the back pressure myth AGAIN.
Here's the deal, backpressure being good is an old hotrodding myth. In reality it is a BAD thing.

What they were confusing it with about being good was exhaust VELOCITY. If you can up the diameter, reducing backpressure, and maintain a high velocity then do it.

The duratec head flows exremely well and you need to take advantage of it. If you're just doing an intake and exhaust, 2.25 is ok. The second you pop on a header or some cams it's just too small.

I'd love to have 3 exhausts that I could dyno back to back, 2.25, 2.5, and a 3. There is a reason that the highest powered duratec is using a 3inch, it works, and works well at that.

I'm not knocking makers of 2.25, it just isn't the best solution if you want to mod the car at all heavily IMHO.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am using the products myself that way i can be true to what i say; something i know from experience. i think i'm going to try 2.5 or 3 when i get a turbo, until then this works great i'm getting the header sometime this week. I want to keep my cat because the cops here in San Diego love to write those tickets. When i get another car i will do more stuff.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
i'm getting the header sometime this week. I want to keep my cat because the cops here in San Diego love to write those tickets.
... what? If you want to keep the cat, why are you getting a header?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Good to see that
. F2 makes some great products. Products that you'll see not only on the street but will see at the track in Focus Cup, USTCC, and World Challenge cars.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like to try new things, Mainly because i have been enjoying learning to install engine parts. When i was young i never had any to teach me these things or to supply a car to work on. Now i have a car that i own and a the money to afford parts why not, it's a hobby i always wanted... Cars.

·
Banned
2,018 Posts
Ok it's nice that you like to try new things, but installing a header but keeping the cat because you are afraid of a ticket is kinda worthless. The forum is what this is all about, people telling you it's a bad idea since you never had anyone to tell you what was a good idea and what was a bad one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i see what your saying, I'll probably get rid of the cat after i get back from IRAQ because i'll be having a second car. I don't really know too much that's why i ask questions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts