Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note in advance: My scanner was getting consistently worse as I scanned this roll of film

Flashback: I manage to drive my car into a red pole at WalMart, and towtruck driver rips into the lower part of my bumper... the damage:

Doesn't seem all that bad huh? Well...

Wanna start a pool as to just how many inches that bumper is out side to side?
I'll have to turn it over to a body shop and get it pulled back out, it puts too much strain on the bumper and is starting to split it.

So while it waits to get pulled out, I have started fixing the cracks in the bumper and am filling the mustache and license plate moldings.

I have been driving like this for over a month now...

I am really busy with work, and trying to maintain my social life, so the bumper sometimes goes weeks without being touched.

Here it is today, ready for paint, It should look awesome once I'm done. I've been driving for a couple weeks now with the bumper on, and other than really needing to pull out the damage underneath, it's flexible and looks good.

In case you are wondering about the foglights, I have something interesting in the works for them involving 2" projector foglights, a keyhole saw, some metal tubing, and a pair of giant PIAA spotlights

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
924 Posts
poor little bumper

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
poor malibu, get well soon. its gunna look freakin sweet though i bet. it always does

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
looks like it's coming along well. how much longer till the reinforcement bar gets put back into shape? any pics of the supports?
how does the front frame look?

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
No bent frame right?

Bumper looks like it is coming along well.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
In case you are wondering about the foglights, I have something interesting in the works for them involving 2" projector foglights, a keyhole saw, some metal tubing, and a pair of giant PIAA spotlights

Stay tuned...
Make sure to post some pics of this...

·
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think theres a site to get stock painted bumpers for like 130...
But I filled in all the moldings, and repaired the crack (I can twist the bumper and this goop stays in place and will flex with the bumper) for $25 worth of material. Even after paint, I should only be spending about what shipping that accross the border would cost me. Gotta remember shipping stuff up here sucks...

·
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like it's coming along well. how much longer till the reinforcement bar gets put back into shape? any pics of the supports?
how does the front frame look?
No body lines are out of place. Just the bumper is out of whack. Should only require a few minutes on the rack to set back in place. I won't bother replacing this bumper though, it took almost no damage.

This is a picture of the car after the crash, with the bumper in place, everything lines up just great. I marked the start and finish of all the cracks.

EDIT: Anybody that removed the air dam from behind the bumper to install an intercooler and would be willing to part with it, I need a new one.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i have one i think kicking around from my other car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts