Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting gauges on my car, tired of idiot lights that tell you nothing. Who can tell me factory pressures/temps. I need oil pressure, fuel pressure, oil temp, water temp. I've got the oil started, I'm running 75+\- at idle and pegs out over 100 at rev. Seems pretty good to me. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks doods

g

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I did a search and have been reading for about an hour. Got my manual back today too. The manual says I should be 19-36psi oil pressure at idle and 53-81 at 4k rpm. Mine's 75 at idle and pegs the gauge at 100 at rev. I read a lot and there seems to be a lot of variance in what zetec engines put out in the way of oil pressure. What's the deal with that? A few people (who sounded like they knew what they were talking about) said it will NEVER go over 60. Hmm I'll soon be putting gauges inside the car, and I'm wondering if I shouldn't find a 100+ gauge for oil. Nobody's talking about this, so I guess it's a dead issue. I find it very interesting how much higher mine is than the book says, I'd like to hear opinions. I mean come on, this is the first oil pressure thread in the history of the jet without any stupid ?'s about how to install the sending unit! haha. Thanks doods, later

g

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Actually I dont think the oil pressure thing has come up before that I can recall.

If I recall fuel pressure should be either 32 or 42 at idle (cant remember which) with a 1:1 rate rise (that means it should get to about 8 psi higher then idle at WOT).

Coolant temp will hover around 190 once the car is fully warmed up. During WOT operation or hot days it can get up to 220 or so before the fans come on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just installed an electric oil pressure gauge in my car, and I find that at idle, I'm reading about 37psi (half way between the 25psi hash and the 50psi hash.. at WOT, it pegs way off over 100psi. Is this going to damage the sending unit at all? Is this normal for a zetec engine?

I'm also wondering if this is maybe a symptom of a little too much oil in the engine? I dunno, I"m grasping at straws here

[ 03-29-2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: fourfactor ]

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
hey squatch my oil pressure reads the same as yours just an FYI

·
Registered
62 Posts
it goes higher than 100 psi only if yu get an electric guage I think.... If yu use a mechanical one it is more accurate and has no lag like the electric one....

I have had both eletric and mechanical on my car. The electric one broke so I switched to the mechanical because it was the only one available at the time I nedded to get it replaced...... It work better than the electric one.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts