Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in knowing what pressure range people where using, for both auto-x and open track events?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Front 46-50psi
Rear 28-35psi (Depends on the course design)

·
Registered
311 Posts
size 205/50-R15

Front: ~43#
Rear: anywhere from 36-40# depending on course and needed "grip or slip"

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
size 205/50-R15

Front: ~43#
Rear: anywhere from 36-40# depending on course and needed "grip or slip"
I'll echo the same for the 215/45/16's.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
How do you guys get around the roll at that sort of front tire pressure? I kept rubbing my marks clean off when I was running in the low to mid 40's. Also what sort of pressure increase did you see from start to finish of the run?

I realize you guys are far better drivers than me, so if you say "I drive clean" I'll say good answer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
running 224/45/17
42 front and 36 rear

The type of autoxing I do is on long (1.5-2 mile) courses. These courses only have one or two turns that are tight enough to consider dropping to 1st gear. The rest have me close to the rev limiter at 65 mph.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
How do you guys get around the roll at that sort of front tire pressure? I kept rubbing my marks clean off when I was running in the low to mid 40's. Also what sort of pressure increase did you see from start to finish of the run?

I realize you guys are far better drivers than me, so if you say "I drive clean" I'll say good answer.
I get a bit of roll, but not too much. I've been thinking of upping the fronts again to 44-46, but I've been playing w/ about 42 to try for less wheelspin on the inside tire on corner exit.
Maybe it's ME who needs to be smoother on the gas pedal, and up the pressure a bit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts